My Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC 5460 CN showed an error message Print Unable 50?

My Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC 5460 CN showed an error message Print Unable 50 after the paper jammed and I removed the jammed paper out, but it still kept showing "print unable 50". There was once that it showed "print unable 30" I am trying to see if there is still a paper stuck... show more My Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC 5460 CN showed an error message Print Unable 50 after the paper jammed and I removed the jammed paper out, but it still kept showing "print unable 50". There was once that it showed "print unable 30"

I am trying to see if there is still a paper stuck inside, but there is none. I am trying to follow what the user's guide said which is included
-Open scanner cover & remove objects
-Disconnect the machine and reconnect it again

But it still kept showing this message. I called Brother and they told me if my printer is no longer under warranty and the service center said they charge labor fee $90 and part $45!!! I don't know what to do now and my husband is going to kill me :( Help me please!

I need a detailed advice about how to fix the problem on our own.