Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 1 decade ago

My Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC 5460 CN showed an error message Print Unable 50?

My Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC 5460 CN showed an error message Print Unable 50 after the paper jammed and I removed the jammed paper out, but it still kept showing "print unable 50". There was once that it showed "print unable 30"

I am trying to see if there is still a paper stuck inside, but there is none. I am trying to follow what the user's guide said which is included

-Open scanner cover & remove objects

-Disconnect the machine and reconnect it again

But it still kept showing this message. I called Brother and they told me if my printer is no longer under warranty and the service center said they charge labor fee $90 and part $45!!! I don't know what to do now and my husband is going to kill me :( Help me please!

I need a detailed advice about how to fix the problem on our own.

Favorite Answer

1. How long did you leave it off (turn off)? Should leave it off for ~5 minutes.

2. Did you clear the printer Que (Start | Printers and Faxes| double click on Brother NFC 5460). Make sure there is nothing in the Que.

3. Did you reboot the computer? I know it seems strange but sometimes it helps.

4. Did you remove all the paper from the paper tray and make sure that there isn't one "caught" in that area?

• tera

Check the print heads You may have a clogged ink cartridge First step is to see will if it print a test page Go to Start, settings, printers. Right click on the printer, properties, print test page. If that doesn't work there should be a head cleaning option in properties that will make it clean the print heads. If there is still nothing after that then either it’s badly clogged, low or out of ink, and needs to be replaced Turn on the hot water until warm Put about 1/2 inches of water in a cup Put the print head portion (where the ink comes out) in for about a minute Dry off the cartridge using a soft tissue. Re-insert the cartridge into the printer. Run the normal cleaning software routine a few times