Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 1 decade ago

could i keep using this moisturizer, thanx?

i have sensitive skin and am allergic to almond oil (any nut/vegetable oil). however, i found this great moisturizer based on almond oil (Weleda) that makes my skin so soft although it does give me a bit of allergy but it is barely, barely visible - do you think i could keep using it; thanx

• Tigger
    Favorite Answer

You'll do better to find another lotion- though it can be hard giving up that nice soft skin and that nice smell.

Good luck.

I have allergies that affect me both topically and internally. So I cannot use anything containing nut products on my skin. It truly depends just how allergic you are to the almonds. If you are already experiencing rashes from this moisturizer you may actually have a worse reaction. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Source(s): Personal experience with Allergies, asthma and atopic dermatitis (aka Eczema).

I wouldn't. Your reaction can get worse and worse over time, so although the reaction is minor now, that might change. You don't want to end up a swollen mess!

no