can she be charged for child endangerment?

this woman moved in with her boyfriend.she goes to bed and leaves her four year old daugther with him.a year later the child told her daycare worker the mother's boyfriend touch her they arrested him but did nothing to her.since she put the child in danger why wasn't she charged

if a mother drinks and she is caught driveing they put her under the jail this one didn't care

• justa
    Favorite Answer

She would have to be shown to have had at the very least a reasonable knowledge of the incident.

Children don't always speak the truth at that age either, or their perceptions can be flawed, for example if the boyfriend was cleaning her up after an accident or a bath.

My grandson was at the doctors office when I had him on my lap and he started to slip off, I put my hand between his legs and hauled him back up and he began to yell what his mom had taught him that weekend...."DON"T TOUCH ME THERE"

I died of embarrassment.

Suppose he had said that to his daycare worker?

You need more than what you have mentioned to prosecute a woman for that based on little more than a very young child's words. Its hard enough to get a case on the man unless there is some physical indication the girl has been interfered with.

I'm sure she didn't know it was going on once the child told she probably cooperated in the prosecution of him. If the daughter told her and she did nothing then she would have been arrested. Poor mother and child!

• Pam H

She could claim she didn't realize he was a dangerto the child, so the chances of her being sucessfully prosecuted are slim. The cops only have so many resources, they must have thought the bf was the only person guilty enough to arrest.

she was unaware of the endangerment. the child confessed to the teacher but said nothing to the mother. the mother did not intentionally put her in that situation therefore she was not charged

• wizjp

With out him having a history of this behavior, she had no foreknowledge of a dangerous situation, thus no willful endangerment

No, but if she knew what was going on than yes. Seems to me that she did what she was suppose to do when she learned of what was going on

The system is broke......this is a perfect example......but a lot of times the children or not removed because there's no where to place them........

More of us need to open our homes to these children.