Where did Richard the Lionheart die?

Where did Richard the Lionheart die?

which country??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Richard I (September 8, 1157 – April 6, 1199) was King of England from 1189 to 1199. He was often referred to as Richard the Lionheart, Coeur de Lion. He was considered a hero in his day and has often been portrayed as one in works of literature.

Richard died on 6 April 1199 from the after-effects of an arrow wound received during the siege of Chalus in France and was buried next to his father at Fontevraud Abbey near Chinon and Saumur, France.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Death Of A King -

In Chalus, Aquitaine in France.

He was struck in the shoulder with the arrow and refused treatment for his wound. Infection set in and Richard the Lionheart died on April the 6th 1199 at the age of 41.

He was buried in the Fontvraud Abbey in Anjou France.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He died at the castle of Chalus-Chabrol in Limoges in France.

"Châlus is a small village and commune in the Haute-Vienne département of France, in the Limousin région."

"Chalus' claim to fame is that Richard I of England was killed here by a crossbow bolt, shot by one Pierre Basile while besieging the castle in 1199."

• 4 years ago

Marcus Aurelius above is powerful aside from one element. It befell in Anjou France as Richard grow to be examining his nation-states (Normandy, Anjou have been below English rule on the time)... Wikipedia is incorrect in this one. Edit to Marcus Aurelius: I wasn't critisizing you, i presumed you bought this information from Wikipedia (which i did not bypass to) & assumed they have been incorrect. Wikipedia can not be depended on each and every of the time besides.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.