I saw a sign today that said "Jesus loves you even if you don't want him too" Do I need a restraining order?

Isn't this endorsing "Stalking"?

Best Answer

Is that Him who calls all night and then hangs up? And sits outside my house?

OMG, I gots me a Peeping Jesus!

"If I can't have you baby, nobody will!"

Thanks. Now I'm properly creeped out.

very cute. and funny question.

although from a grammatical point of view, it looks like it is endorsing stalking, spiritually speaking, it isn't stalking.

let's say i still love an ex boyfriend. i can FEEL love for him and mentally love him. but we dont see each other, he wont talk to me or visit me. that doesnt change what i feel for him. i can feel whatever i want. i just wont bother him.

And in the world of Christians and even 12 step programs, they know the phrase, "God is a gentleman-he won't go where he is not invited."

Source(s): its nice to have a question that made me think. star for you!!!!
  • KAL

Laugh...but seriously, does a restraining order stop the way the other person feels...does convicting someone of stalking change their desire to follow the other person? You can't stop another person from loving you...and God made it clear that you are free to reject his love. His son Jesus never chased someone down to make them accept the love he was offering...he didn't stalk or harass someone in an attempt to win their love...he simply expressed his love and then let them decide whether to accept or reject his message. You don't need a restraining order...if you don't want God to love you, that's your choice...won't change the way he feels but he won't bother you if you tell him you aren't interested! I just wish more humans followed his example.

I saw a sign today that said Jesus loves you but Satan thinks your a pu$$y

It's only stalking if he follows you around and/or harrasses you repeatedly. Have you been recieving threatening letters/phone calls/e-mails etc. from the Son of God? Has he been following you to work, following you home, standing outside your house in the pouring rain looking all angsty while yelling your name repeatedly? If so, you might have a case. If it's only one of his followers doing any of the above, then you only have a case against the individual follower, not Jesus himself (unless he put them up to it, and even then it's hard to prove in a court of law).

From Wikipedia:

Stalking (from Middle English stalk: from Old English bestealcian; akin to Old English stelan to steal) is a legal term for a pattern of offensive behavior involving repeated harassment or other forms of invasion of a person's privacy in a manner that causes fear to its target.

Statutes vary between jurisdiction but may include such acts as:

repeated physical following

unwanted contact (by letter or other means of communication)

observing a person's actions closely for an extended period of time

contacting family members, friends, or associates inappropriately

cyberstalking

Stalking can also include seeking and obtaining the person's personal information in order to contact them; e.g. looking for their details on computers, electoral rolls, personal files and other material with the person's personal details without their consent. Personal details include their date of birth, marital status, home address, email address, telephone number (landline and mobile), where they work, or which school, college or university they go to; and personal information on their family and friends and any other sensitive and confidential information (e.g. medical conditions and disabilities etc.)

I always look forward to one of your questions!! That is hilarious - hmmm.........a restraining order?

Nope, wouldn't work 'coz the so-called supreme being would be above man's law - I'd be careful he has some rather nasty harsh people on his side!

• Jen

LOL I don't think one of those would help. He'll love you even if you try to reject Him. Love doesn't include stalking.

It sounds like some sort of weirdass mental rape to me. I'd get the order, no question.

I've always said there's a lot in commong between christian prosetylizing and rape. They just want to "love" you, like it or not.

Just don't let Jesus violate you like he did me, and then try to leave a measly $20 on my nightstand.