breeding with dittos?

i have pokemon diamond and i was wondering how breeding with dittos work ... i dont have 1 yet but like if its a female ditto would it make a ditto or the other pokemon ???

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Ditto doesn't have genders. They are neutral.

Any pokemon breeded with a ditto will make the other pokemon

(Ex. Charzard + Ditto = charmander)

• 1 decade ago

Yes, Ditto does not have a gender. Breeding a pokemon with a ditto will result in the other pokemon.

However, breeding with a ditto does have some effects. Normally in breeding, males pass on learned moves, and females pass on natures if holding the everstone. A ditto will behave as a female if the other pokemon is a male, and vice versa. Therefore, an adamant ditto holding an everstone breeding with a male charizard will result in adamant charmanders 50% of the time, but the same result will NOT occur if the charizard is female.

Also some pokemon do not have genders and can ONLY breed with ditto, such as bronzong and metagross, in which case, the ditto will always act as the female, since the other pokemon will pass moves.

You might not interested in all of the above, but just putting it out there. Also, please verify the whole male/female thing if you want, I might have flipped their roles.

• 1 decade ago

dittos can breed with anyone except legendaries (except manaphy) and baby pokemon ( like pichu and bonsly)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.