lamara w asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

feeling sick and dizzy?

for the past 2 weeks i have been feeling sick and dizzy every night i have even pasted out a few times i have cfs ( Chronic fatigue syndrome ) and im having a Laparoscopy in 2 weeks to see if i have Endometriosis and/or Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)

ive had dizzyness and blackouts all my life but never anything like this i feel harvy and cant move its so hard to explain

i have had cfs for nearly a year now

the same thing happen again tonite and i cant go to the doctors as im away at my boyfriends till thru . should i call my gp up tomz ?

i got cfs thro having Glandular fever (Infectious mononucleosis), a virus infection

• Best Answer

im not sure what the last 3 words are but let me say this:

syncope ( passing out ).... is OMG such a bad thing!

you have had this all my life? eek....

I know the "bills" are probably stacking up... but listen... you know your body best...

To be honest, i would taken you to the hospital obviously a long time ago... passing out is not a normal body function... as you might imagine.... syncope ( passing out ), can cause anything from concussions, to brain damage, to even a brain hemmorrage. STROKES, paralyzation.

im not trying to scare, but this is serious. Hopefully your doctor has already talked to you about all this sort of stuff right?!

if you have lappy (laproscopic assisted surgery), being done in 2 weeks, you really should call your doctor!

1) they wont do an exploratory lappy if you have an infection

a) although they would do a surgical procedure if it was life-threatening

2) you could have other issues that are just now coming to light that might affect your anesthesia, or the surgery itself!

3) i dont see how either of those conditions would cause you to have constant fatigue syndrome?

a) unless of course your having alot of bleeding??

b) are you anemic?

c) do you have any underlying hematologic disorders?

4) the bottom line is 85% of the time its more beneficial to trust your doctor... he/she likely knows best when it comes to finding a solution.

5) Lastly, I recommend you contact your physician and let him know whats going on.

6) I DO NOT want to say goto the hospital, or dont goto the hospital. you know your body well enough. you have been living with this condition for your entire life. Although it sounds very serious to me, you may very well know how critical those symptoms are to you.

Good luck, definitely call your doctor when his office opens up at the least though k

sincerely,

male cardiac nurse

There are several urgent care facilities (in yellow pages, under urgent care) out there, and perhaps you could call them and see if it's something you should be more concerned about than usual?

Especially if you are home alone.... You need to call someone to ensure it's safe for you to be out under your own care.

Be well, darling.

Yes, you should call. Maybe you should have your blood sugar checked, just go be checked out in general. Good luck.

Go to the ER . If you are out of town and can't get to the doctor that's where you need to go.

THE HEAVY FEELING MAYBE BECAUSE YOUR REAL TIRED OR OVER TIRED OR ANXIETY. GET A GOOD NIGHT REST AND MAKE SURE YOU EXERCISE. OF COURSE LET YOUR DR KNOW HOW YOUR FEELING TOO.

to be safe i would definitly call your gp.