Which player could I get back more for in a trade: Jason Bay or Hunter Pence?

I know I need to improve my pitching. So which player should I trade away and what type of pitcher could I get back in return?

C - Bengie Molina

1B - Prince Fielder

2B - Dustin Pedroia

3B - Aramis Ramirez

SS - Miguel Tejada

OF - Alfonso Soriano

OF - Carlos Lee

OF - Jason Bay

U - David Ortiz

P - Chris Young

P - Chad Billingsley

P - Yovani Gallardo

P - Hiroki Kuroda

P - Trevor Hoffman

P - Rich Harden

P - Dustin McGowan

Bench

Hunter Pence

Howie Kendrick

Justin Upton

Clay Buchholz

Shaun Marcum

Kelvim Escobar

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pence will get you much much more... Though I would rather keep him than Bay.

• 1 decade ago

Well it's a given that you definately need some help at closer, so why not trade Hunter Pence to get a closer like, Valverde, Nathan or Saito? All players that are going fairly close in drafts this season.

Personally I'd prefer to keep Pence, as he's younger, and is playing in a better lineup and ball park.

Though Bay could be poised for a rebound this season.

If you really want to enterprise, trade them both. One for a closer one for an ace, then plug Upton into your OF or package Upton and Kendrick for an OF. Might be difficult to do, but worth considering.

• 1 decade ago

Tough choice here. However, I think Bay has more value, because Pence only hits for average, and has a deep centerfield. Bay is powerful, and that appeals much more to others than just average and no power, which is what Pence brings

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You will get more value for Pence, but I'd rather keep Bay anyway.

Pence is coming off a great year and is being taken higher than Bay. Bay is coming off a down season, so people are weay of taking him. But, he's very capable of reproducing previous numbers.

Hope I helped!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anon28
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Pence should get you MUCH more.

On average, Pence is being drafted at # 35 overall. Bay is being drafted at # 112. Not even comparable players.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.