Which player could I get back more for in a trade: Jason Bay or Hunter Pence?

I know I need to improve my pitching. So which player should I trade away and what type of pitcher could I get back in return?

C - Bengie Molina

1B - Prince Fielder

2B - Dustin Pedroia

3B - Aramis Ramirez

SS - Miguel Tejada

OF - Alfonso Soriano

OF - Carlos Lee

OF - Jason Bay

U - David Ortiz

P - Chris Young

P - Chad Billingsley

P - Yovani Gallardo

P - Hiroki Kuroda

P - Trevor Hoffman

P - Rich Harden

P - Dustin McGowan

Bench

Hunter Pence

Howie Kendrick

Justin Upton

Clay Buchholz

Shaun Marcum

Kelvim Escobar

Favorite Answer

Pence will get you much much more... Though I would rather keep him than Bay.

Well it's a given that you definately need some help at closer, so why not trade Hunter Pence to get a closer like, Valverde, Nathan or Saito? All players that are going fairly close in drafts this season.

Personally I'd prefer to keep Pence, as he's younger, and is playing in a better lineup and ball park.

Though Bay could be poised for a rebound this season.

If you really want to enterprise, trade them both. One for a closer one for an ace, then plug Upton into your OF or package Upton and Kendrick for an OF. Might be difficult to do, but worth considering.

Tough choice here. However, I think Bay has more value, because Pence only hits for average, and has a deep centerfield. Bay is powerful, and that appeals much more to others than just average and no power, which is what Pence brings

You will get more value for Pence, but I'd rather keep Bay anyway.

Pence is coming off a great year and is being taken higher than Bay. Bay is coming off a down season, so people are weay of taking him. But, he's very capable of reproducing previous numbers.

Hope I helped!

• Anon28

Pence should get you MUCH more.

On average, Pence is being drafted at # 35 overall. Bay is being drafted at # 112. Not even comparable players.