what do you do if you have trouble sleeping?

I'm so tired and sleepy but my mind won't take a rest..... GRRRRRRR!

(wrong category but pls answer it anyway)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know where you are from but find something on TV that you "don't" like to watch.

I had the same problem a couple of times. With me it is the game of "Cricket". I fell asleep in 5-minutes.

The second time it was "Golf". Can't stand either of them.

This is not to put down those that do enjoy them, but cures my insomnia every time.

Hope this is helpful.

• 1 decade ago

Ok, let's go with a list of advice:

Take Valerian (Valeriana officinalis). It is a herb, but since it smells horrible, take it in pills. Don't take it before you go to sleep but during midday.

Do some exercise during the day. A tired body sleeps better. Again, not just before going to bed.

Keep a room ordered and without too much stuff.

Use your bed to sleep, not for reading or using your laptop.

Ok, there is one exception to the use of the bed...no comment.

It is better if you go to sleep at the same time every day.

Of course, supress coffe, tea, ginseng and similar.

Practice relaxation exercises: sit down with your back straight and concentrate on a point three fingers below your naivel. Breath slowly and let go of every thougth that comes to your mind, just let them pass and come back to your breathing and the point in your belly. Try not to think in anything else. Don't figth with toughts, just let them pass.

Stretch your body, and yawn a couple times.

Massage your legs and arms, from the part closer to the body towards the point of the fingers or toes.

If nothing else works, just lay down quiet and don't worry. Even your mind can not sleep, your body will take profit of the rest and you will feel better next morning.

Source(s): Wikipedia
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Listen to the song called "trouble Sleeping"

• 1 decade ago

Hi there...! I had the same problem as u do and the thing that helped me was meditating. It calms you down and relaxes your mind and body. The main thing you must have is to discipline yourself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

WHY DOES THE COMPUTER COME TO MIND, THERE ARE SITES ON HERE THAT CAN PUT YOU TO SLEEP AT 10 AM.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would take a drink of Water, not think to much, close my eyes, and thats pretty much it!

• 1 decade ago

I take sleeping pills(over the counter)

• 1 decade ago

Great time to get closer to God!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.