Jen-Jen asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Good side dish for chicken casserole???

I'm trying a new recipe of chicken noodle casserole that's been described as very similar to chicken noodle soup. Any suggestions for a good side dish? I think we have enough carbs from the pasta that we won't need rolls or bread, but a veggie side dish would be nice--just not warmed up frozen veggies. Thanks!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

maybe steames broccoli or calliflower, or fryed calliflower

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Good side dish for chicken casserole???

I'm trying a new recipe of chicken noodle casserole that's been described as very similar to chicken noodle soup. Any suggestions for a good side dish? I think we have enough carbs from the pasta that we won't need rolls or bread, but a veggie side dish would be nice--just not warmed...

Source(s): good side dish chicken casserole: https://shortly.im/oRU4a
  • 3 years ago

Side Dish For Chicken

• Donna
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

if you want to get fancy, try this recipe for brussels sprouts which everybody likes, even people who hate brussels sprouts. First, peel the outer layer off, and make two cuts in each stalk, like a cross or an X. Then put them in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Weigh them down (they float) with a plate so they soak in the salt water. This kills off any critters which might be lurking. Do that for about 20 minutes. Then drain & rinse & dry them off. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan. Add the prepared brussels sprouts and toss - then sprinkle liberally with white wine. Add some chopped nuts (any will do) but the best, is chopped roasted chestnuts. Toss all around and then cover, and simmer until the brussels are tender. It's really delicious and it will impress.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2bME
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well, a casserole dish really has everything you need in it. But a nice fresh salad would be good. Soup and salad. What could be better?

• 1 decade ago

Cucumber and Tomato salad.

3 cucumbers

3 vine ripe tomatoes

1/4 cup salt

Peel cucumbers and cut length wise.Remove seeds with small spoon.slice and place in colander add salt and toss.place colander over large bowl and let "Sweat" for 2 hours.

Dressing

1/4 cup vinegar

salt and pepper to taste

3/4 cups oil

1 glove garlic minced

1 half small onion minced

1 tsp parsley

put vinegar in large bowl add salt and pepper.whisk until salt is dissolved add remaining ingredients and blend well.add cucumbers and sliced tomatoes toss well.

• 3 years ago

fruits and veggies when unripe has starches as carbohydrates and converts into fructose when it ripens.

• 3 years ago

Fruits are the immediate method to obtain vitamins, proteins, and electrolytes, so over body may easily absorb them. Found in the case of veggie some of the straight eatable but some need to cooked well for enhance their taste.

• Marcia
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avtkS

Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and cook in the oven on 375 until nice and crispy fresh. Squeeze on lemon juice if you want.

• 1 decade ago

I always serve a crisp green salad when I serve soup or stew. I like the cold with the hot of the soup .... and I usually also serve cut-up fruit with EVERY dinner

• 1 decade ago

A salad would be nice. Here are a few favorite salad and veggie sides I like:

Lemon Broccoli

2-4 bunches broccoli

¼ cup butter

1 Tbsp. lemon juice

½ tsp seasoned salt

Pepper to taste

Steam broccoli until tender-crisp. Drain water. Add next 4 ingredients to hot pan. Stir until coated.

Cucumber Salad

Slice 2 peeled cucumbers. Slice thinly. Add 1 small sliced or chopped red onion. Cover with bottled red wine vinaigrette dressing. Salt and pepper to taste. Best if you let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour.

Bacon Salad

4 slices bacon

1 lg bowl salad greens

½ chopped red onion

Salt

Pepper

Red Wine Vinegar

In salad bowl, combine the salad and onion. Coat with ¼ cup red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Chop bacon into little pieces. Cook until crispy. (You may need to add a little olive oil if bacon is very lean). Pour bacon and grease over salad.

Broccoli Cheese Salad

4 cups broccoli, cut into small pieces

1 red onion, chopped

1 cup cubed cheddar cheese

6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled

Combine above ingredients. Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup sugar, and 2 Tbsp vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad.

Southwestern Ranch Salad

1 pkg. pre-cut salad mix

½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 cup ranch flavored croutons

½ cup ranch flavored almond salad topping

Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch dressing

Salt and pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients together. Serve immediately.

Spinach-Bacon Salad

1 8oz pkg. spinach

3 hard boiled eggs

8 mushroom caps, sliced

Toasted slivered almonds (optional)

Combine all ingredients and serve with Hot Bacon Dressing.

Hot Bacon Dressing

½ lb. bacon, chopped

1 cup sugar

1 1/3 cups white vinegar

5 tsp. cornstarch

Fry bacon until crisp, drain and leave bacon drippings in skillet. Add sugar and vinegar to skillet and stir well. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch with 2/3 cup water, stir until it dissolves and pour into skillet with dressing. Return to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, return bacon to skillet and toss dressing into salad.

Hope you find something you like here!

xxoo

Chris

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.