Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Aj Burnett for Chen-Ming-Wang?

Good deal?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it's an even trade. Burnett is more valuable though. He gets a lot more strikeouts than Wang who barely gets any. Burnett is also a big injury risk though. Wang will definetely get you wins with a solid ERA and WHIP. Either way, it's an even trade.

Hope I helped!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If the guy looking to add Wang has a couple dominant K pitchers and is looking exclusively at wins then it makes sense for him. As fantasy goes Wang offers plus service in one category, wins...period! He will not strike anybody out, his ERA and Whip are average at best. Burnett on the other hand is an injury risk. But while he likely wont pile up wins like Wang he will have one of the best K/per 9 innings among all starters and will have a lower ERA and Whip than Wang. The one plus to Burnett this year is that his personal history suggests he stays pretty healthy during contract years (and this is contract year for him). It mostly depends on the needs of the 2 trading parties, this could work well for both but Burnett easily has more fantasy potential should he stay healthy. Bottom line is if I own Burnett I dont make the deal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have AJ Burnett and are going for Chien-Ming Wang its a great trade, if its the other way around not so much. Burnett is constantly injured and Wang gets about 15-20 wins a year.

• 1 decade ago

Wang is not the "sexy" pick because he doesn't get K's, but then again Burnett has that tough mix of potential balanced by injuries. If you think Burnett can stay healthy he could be worth the risk. If you want to play it safe, go with Wang for the Wins and decent numbers (except K's).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wang has won 19 games each of the last two seasons, Burnett's career high is 12. He might be finally healthy, but he has yet to prove he can be dominant over an entire season. Wang is the better choice

• Zac
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Make the trade. Burnett is coming off an injury. Wang is solid.

• 1 decade ago

Wang doesn't have a lot of K's per inning and the sinker's really the only reliable pitch in his arsenal, they'd probably have to offer Ian Kennedy in a package deal. Teams rarely trade within their division(see Erik Beddard), they'll probably just buy a proven vet off Free Agency like they always do and reel in Sabathia next season.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good deal for whoever's getting Burnett.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.