Sally
Sally asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

to的用法分辨?!

to+Rv=不定詞

to+ving/n=prep

副詞片語的to大多是prep,

只有in order to / so as to 是不定詞。

那要怎麼分辨呢?

麻煩了

謝謝

Rating
  • Elisa
    Favorite Answer

First and foremost, an infinitive is the form of the verb, but it is not a verb. Second, an infinitive can be a noun, an adjective or an adverb. And finally, it is always "to" plus a verb.

1) The ants have arrived to grab the leftovers from the picnic = The ants have arrived in order to grab the leftovers from the picnic = The ants have arrived so as to grab the leftover from the picnic.

** The subject is ANTS. The verb is HAVE ARRIVED. The infinitive TO GRAB is an adverb explaining why or where they have arrived. Here, you can replace “to” with “in order to” or “so as to” because the infinitive To Grab is an adverb explaining “WHY” they have arrived.

2) That attorney has the right to represent you.

** The subject is ATTORNEY. The verb is HAS. RIGHT is the object of the verb and the infinitive TO REPRESENT is an adjective telling us what kind of right.

When to is a preposition(介係詞), it can be followed either by a noun or by the -ing form of the verb:

•I look forward to our meeting.

•I look forward to meeting you.

•He couldn't get used to driving on the other side of the road.

•He couldn't get used to the new traffic rules.

•I'm not used to getting up so early.

•I'm not used to early starts.

I have answered similar question. For more details, please see http://tw.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/question?qi...

** I have worked in the US for over 16 years with over 32 years of experience speaking and writing English

Source(s): Myself. Studied English abroad at the age of 11. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992
  • Thomas

一般較多出現是 to+V; 做 介係詞部份: 可能要多閱讀, 多記

We're looking forward to skiing in Korea.

I am used to getting up at 6:00. 但 She used to live in Taipei.

Her kids adapted quickly to living in a small town.

.

.

.