Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Screen Goes black when switching to full screen mode when watching video feeds ?

Can someone please tell me why when I try to watch video feeds on youtube or any other site with video feeds that why on my Acer laptop the screen goes black when I try to watch them in full screen mode? Thanks

Update:

It did not do this when I first purchased it.

Which was not long ago.

I have downloaded many programs.

could something be conflicting ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What has worked for me so far (knock on wood) is when you have the video in it's original size (not full screen), right click, click "settings" and then click the left-most tab on the page that comes up. There should be a box labeled "Enable hardware acceleration". Uncheck that box and click close. This is all assuming you're watching a flash-based video (which most streaming videos are).

• Sharon
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Your video card is not good enough to display videos full screen. Much of your problem really stems from using Win2000, which was never really made for the kind of computing you are doing!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago
  • 1 decade ago

yeah i had the same problem with my new acer laptop. i saw someone else already answer it but i did the same thing and it worked. go to a video on youtube or something...right click...click settings... then since you have an acer they are sorta weird. and i assume since it is newer you have vista (like me). so is just a little white box with 3-5 icons on the bottom..the one i had to click was the first...but yours may be different. then uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" and it should work.

hope this helps :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Set your screen resolution to 1024x768 if it is not there now. The black screen means "out of range".

• Jag
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Most likely cause: the video driver is not working correctly.

Update to the latest video driver available and reboot.

• 6 years ago

worked like a charm thakx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.