Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What's the reason Hillary won't relsease her mysterious TAX RETURNS??????

Or the fact that her cmapaign conacted the Canadians too, to reasurre them about NAFTA?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • J C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably for no reason other than she's half of a two earner couple and she's required to file her tax returns with her husband.

No one wants to hear this, but we live in a time when the government views married couples in one way legally -- and sometimes it's fair.

But Bill Clinton has become a private citizen and most of his financial matters should not be made public. Hillary is already required to make disclosures as a member of the senate. Those disclosures probably don't go far enough - but within reason, the non-public spouse ought not to be exposed without consent to public scrutiny over private matters.

There's plenty that we can look at that's questionable and that we don't do anything about. Look at all the Senators, especially when the Republicans were in control, who are married to lobbyists who whose spouses suddenly wind up in very lucrative jobs.

Maybe Joe Lieberman's wife is the competent person in the world, but even as a real independent, I have trouble with a senator's wife being in bed, figuratively, with Republican lobbyists who have legislation that comes to the Senate. It's wrong and should be stopped.

But there's no evidence not already out there that there's anything untoward about Bill Clinton's income, other than there's a lot of it. He might not want someone to know he made this speech for free and charged someone else $50,000 for a speech to them.

Goerge Bush Sr. made a bundle of money making speeches after he left office and there's never been any disclosure of that -- or of the dealings he and his son had with the notoriously political investment house, the Carlyle Group, which hires big name politicians -- or where more appropriate, their relatives. That's how George Bush got a lot of his money in the 90s.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

My guess she`s hiding something and it would probably be the final bomb to blow her out of the campaign. As long as the Clintons keep attacking Obama they are safe from having their dirty filthy secrets exposed! I would say there will be some real jaw dropping $ for her supporters to chew on. Like 1979 when her $1000 cattle futures turned into a $99,540 "bovine bonanza" when investors sued REFCO for fraud it was testified that transaction slips had been back dated, Hillary collected 9,954 per cent return on investment. Sly ones they are!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is no law or other requirement that anyone has to release their tax returns unless requested by the IRS.

Tax returns are private.

As for NAFTA? It's here to stay. Get over it.

• 1 decade ago

Everyone has something to hide. Evaluate yourselves for proof of this. If any of us were running for office what would the media or the opposing party find.

McCain wants keep his health out of the news.

He has suffered from cancer relapses several times as well as age related illnesses.

Hillary and Bill file together as a married couple.

Bill's stuff could look questionable or Hillary's.

All will be scrutinized.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ponpon
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If she shows her tax returns for 06, it would show how the Clinton's really make their money,shady deals in Dubai etc. If she waits and shows tax returns for 07, it will basically just show that she has been on the campaign trail all year. Watch out for those Clinton's, they are sneaky, conniving people.

• 1 decade ago

Because they are not due until April 15 for Americans and she doesn't take orders from Obama... besides he looks like such a chump harping on this... you really think Hillary would cheat on her tax returns when she is running for President. Stop Dreaming. Stop Scheming for Obama he's using you. I'm sorry ;-(

What I want to know is how much he's made on his book since the campaign started $$$$$$$$$$$

Obama says he has no Illinois records

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/11/15/news...

• CharK
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

She will release all of them from 2000-2007 before April 15th deadline. I personally won't complete last years until late in the year. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to that and I don't blame her for being one either.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just wait a few day's, some real good stuff, stuff that sticks will come out , not like these Obama's preacher said bad things BS.

• 1 decade ago

Until April 15, she has excuse (we did not file yet). After April 15, she will tell us, that Bill is not home and she needs his approval.

I guess, they have something to hide. I am not sure, if FOIL law applies to income tax.

Did Obama did? I know, that her wife triple her salary after Obama pushed thru 7,000,000 grant for hospital she is working in

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And the smear that they throw at Obama is suppose to make us forget get about them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.