Coins-What language is this? Translate if you can..?

Burg Co Tyr 1780 Archid Avst Dux

I have a coin that says those words. also it says

R imp hu bo reg m theresia d g

All the spaces indicate where a dot is placed between words.

Also written is:

Iustitia et clementia

is this latin?

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

It seems to be a coin called the "Maria Theresa thaler", minted all over the world and used for trade. I found the wikipedia page for it by seaching the web for that last phrase, plus the word "coin".

The two phrases are latin and mean, "Maria Theresa, by the grace of God, Empress of the Romans, Queen of Hungary and Bohemia, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Burgundy, Countess of Tyrol. 1780" and "Justince and Clemency" respectively.

• Rain

clementia is Latin and means "mercy, humanity"

et is French and means "and"

m theresia is Maria Theresia, a reigning Archduchess of Austria, a Queen of Hungary, Croatia and Bohemia, and a Holy Roman Empress.

I have been in certain situation where i have to translate from one language to another, and the problem that i face the most is when I forget a certain word in the language to which i am translating. I think this one of the biggest challenges of translating. good luck.

I guess it's latin, but I don't know how to translate it. But I'll give you a star to make your question visible to my friends.