Steve
Steve asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you agree with the Christian Conservatives that the U.S. deserved the 9/11 attacks?

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell (supporters of Giuliani and McCain, respectively), stated that 9/11 was punishment by God.

Obviously, then, they believe that the U.S. deserved to attacked.

Do you agree with their opinion?

Sources:

http://www.commondreams.org/news2001/0917-03.htm (Robertson and Falwell interview transcript)

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Politics/story?id=184350... (McCain and Falwell)

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/02/mccain-falwell... (McCain video talking about Falwell)

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/stupidquotes/a/... (Falwell quotes)

McCain ACTIVELY SOUGHT the endorsment of Falwell and Hagee.

Roberston ACTIVELY SOUGHT the endorsement of Robertson.

You can't deliberately ask someone to endorse you and then claim you don't agree with that person. That makes you either a liar or a hypocrite.

Favorite Answer

So true. The neo-cons can dish it out but they cannot take it.

John Hagee, a pastor who support McCain, claims that American foreign policy towards Palestine is causing God to attack the United States with terrorists

John Hagee said horrible things about black people, gays, women, and Catholics:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4qNi7tPanUA

Youtube thumbnail

• elvira

Your question is contradictory, it clearly states that "Now that 'some' conservatives are upset about government intrusion into religious practises, will they?". This implicates that you have identified such policy has been practised by the liberals. It will be illogical to conclude that now that some are upset that a striking majority will support the values they have traditionally apposed. Although I would never put it passed Neo-Cons or liberals. I have come to understand that Liberals have long supported the Taxation and punishment of successful men whilst they continue to redistribute and ignore the enormous wealth of the Trade Unions. Ironic is it not? It is the liberals that have supported the violation of private property through state sponsorship and regulation, and taxation! It is the Republicans now that are supporting the decentralization right for the states to decide on the issues. The federal government is intensifying its efforts to smother California’s pot industry by targeting not only medical marijuana dispensaries and growers, but also those who do business with them. It is Liberals that have decreed that all new health-insurance policies should cover birth-control services for women, including the morning-after pill (which most pro-lifers consider a form of abortion) and sterilisation. I hold true to the principles that we shoudl protect and preserve the freedom of religon although I hate when people assert illogical statments

Robertson and Falwell don't represent the thoughts of most Christian conservatives. My family and friends are mostly Christian and mostly conservatives, and I haven't heard a single one of them say anything positive about Robertson or Falwell..

Psychologists and psychiatrists generally agree that about one person in four has some mental problems. Please allow conservatives a few nutcases. You can have all the rest.

No.Pat Robertson is a thief even other Christians despise him,He took money from stock sells for CBN,he bought a diamond mine(UN-human profiting of basically slave work)he transported the equipment with CBN paid shipping which was supposed to be used for relief work.(almost got in trouble for it too except G.W.Bush)Former workers said he was a committed segregationist.He is a terrible human being he uses the kindness of committed Christians as a guise for making money.

I agree 100% that Rev Robertson and Falwell are idiots on this issue. I see a difference between stupid statements by a Pastor who support a candidate and stupid statements by a Pastor at a church a candidate attends for 20 years.

McCain or Giuliani never supported Falwell or Robertson. They were endorsed by them.

Obama is different. In his own words in his autobiography, he wrote that "Rev. Jeremiah Wright is my biggest inspiration, my pastor, and my mentor."

I don't know what liberals have against God-loving and decent people. I would like to know.

Absolutely not! John McCain's mentor John Hagee doesn't speak for me!

McCain Didnt go to there sermons and listen to there hate for 20 yrs like Obama did. Obama is a Hater. Hate the country, Hate the white man. HATE HATE HATE. He wants revenge.........sad

No. The claim is outrageous.

they need to get there heads out of the bible and actualy look at the problems that cause extremism.