Chinese human rights?

It's been asked before, I know, but why will not a single Western government raise a voice against the monstrous oppression of Tibet by the Chinese?

The Chinese attitude to human rights is despicable.

Yes?
Update: Hi Morpheus, Sure; visualisation, active compassion, anything whatsoever to get the energy shifting. (Yours sounds like a good one). Shamanistic rituals, anything! I don't know how it works in the States but in the UK, if a member of Parliament gets six letters on a particular issue, s/he gets the message and... show more Hi Morpheus,
Sure; visualisation, active compassion, anything whatsoever to get the energy shifting. (Yours sounds like a good one). Shamanistic rituals, anything!
I don't know how it works in the States but in the UK, if a member of Parliament gets six letters on a particular issue, s/he gets the message and starts to take notice. So maybe writing letters would help as well.
But lets not just lie down and say, 'Oh dear, how sad, there's nothing I can do.'
Update 2: Morpheus again,
By all means send me a copy, though I'm pretty much of a technophobe. . .
Update 3: Some very thoughtful and interesting answers. I'm actually in the UK and while our politicians aren't AS corrupt as George Dubbya and co, Gordon Browne is still a most chilling man. Now! I wrote yesterday's question in a brief fit of anger. I get over these things pretty quick. It is really... show more Some very thoughtful and interesting answers.
I'm actually in the UK and while our politicians aren't AS corrupt as George Dubbya and co, Gordon Browne is still a most chilling man.

Now!

I wrote yesterday's question in a brief fit of anger. I get over these things pretty quick.
It is really important, it seems to me, that we try to stay positive about the ills of the world. The more we allow ourselves to be unproductively angry / depressed, etc., the more we are giving a kind of energetic permission for the horrors to continue.
As Morpheus points out, positive visualisation is much more of a force for good than is anger or despair.

(I know I started it on this occasion, that's why I feeel moved to say, 'do what you can about the dark, but concentrate on the light').
Update 4: Unfortunately I'm going to have to close this Q earlier than I would wish as I'm going away for a few days.
I like to choose the best answer, not easy amongst all these.

Because his answer provoked so many others with its positive attitude, though, I choose,