Will she think this gift is cute or weird?

There's this girl at my college that I like. We've only spoken on one occassion but we've exchanged several emails since I had to ask her stuff for an article in the school paper. I know that her main hobby is riding horses. I was wondering on whether I should buy her a little horse stuffed animal and send it to her school mailbox. Her birthday is next week so I could give it to her for that. Would she think that's cute or weird?

Favorite Answer

I think it's cute, and it's a good way for you to let her know you like her.

But you need to talk to her after she gets the gift, otherwise it'll just be weird... you avoiding her and only communicating with gifts and email... you know what I mean?

But it is soooo cute!

Good luck!

You're thinking along the right lines in focusing on her interests, but if you don't know her that well, I wouldn't do the stuffed animal thing... that can make her assume you're expecting some type of emotional intimacy and could make her uncomfortable. Try to find a funny card (horse related if you can find it) and give it to her directly. Be honest and say you wanted to wish her a happy birthday. The nice thing about a card is that she will not feel that you are expecting she has to keep it, but if she is interested, she will. Good luck!

• It really depends on her personality... I mean I personally would think its cute. Maybe if you write a little note that like "Hey, I remembered your favorite hobby was riding horses from when I interveiwed you for the newspaper so I thought this would make you smile! =]" Kinda thing it wouldn't be creepy... It just depends her. I say go for it! All you can do is gain... youve got nothin to lose!!!

=]

So do it man, and good luck!

Dude, giving stuffed horses is stupid...not even cute or weird. You're in COLLEGE for crying out loud. Have you learned NOTHING?? What do you think?? She's 12 and wants a Webkins???

Usually I charge for this kind of advice, but why don't you offer her a RIDE on a REAL HORSE?? (you can take that where you want to)

Source(s): my by gosh experience

Cute

I think it's a very cute and thoughtful idea. Why don't you give it to her in person? Personally, I'd appreciate the fact that a guy thought enough about me to buy me a gift based on my hobby. Among other things, it really shows her that you care about what she thinks, and more than that...it shows her you PAY ATTENTION to what makes her happy. Go for it, and good luck!

It's so cute! I would have loved it if someone actually remembered what I said, so it's thoughtful too. This is my opinion as a girl(of about the same age), so it should be correct... then again, different people have different tastes, so make your decision on your own judgement of her character.

Yea, that would be cute. But then you gotta be all, "hey baby, did you get the horse?" Otherwise, it would be awkward. If she has a boyfriend, then it would be kind of weird and you may get beat up or looked at funny.

Do it! Heres a little idea:

Horse Stuffed Animal

Box of chocolates (depending on the amount of time it takes to get to her, make sure they wont melt!)

A birthday card (if you can find one relating to horses, thats a plus).

you should definitely do it.

Weird is sometimes good...

Heyy, maybe its a good idea if you dont make a move do you think she will??

Give her the gift, just make sure it isnt a big stuffed horse, save that for the fair...

Good luck!