bawk bawk asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What is the scariest movie you've ever watched?

What is the scariest movie you've ever watched and why?

Favorite Answer

The Sixth Sense. I'm not into horror films. Sometime however I do want to see 28 Days Later.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974) and the remake in 2003. Hostel was something tough to take on too. But Clive Barker's Lord Of Illusions kept me up until two thirty in the morning, and I'm not someone to have nightmares. I hate Pet Sematery because of the boy dying and the woman with spinal meningitis. I had nightmares from that, and I hated the ends of The Mist and No Country For Old Men. If you like monster movies, check out Cloverfield when it comes out on DVD April 22nd. It is awesome.

It would have to be "The Blair Witch Project". I know a lot of people didn't like this movie, but... everytime I hear those children giggling outside their tent, then they start running through the woods and that girl starts screaming "What the **** is THAT" I get chills down my spine. I love horror, but this is the only film I can think of that makes me think twice about going outside after watching it.

Psycho. Saw it as a 10 year old, years after its original release. The shower scene alone inspired nationwide nightmares. Creepy and unsettling, even in the quieter scenes. Althought it was filmed nearly 50 years ago, Psycho's shock value would hold up today.

The White Noise scared you? You should try watching a Japanese horror movie.

I don't want to sound typical, but 'The Exorcist'. It's mostly because it's psychological horror at its finest. I find that type of horror much more effective than horror that relies heavily on repeated attempts at trying to make the viewer jump.

Silent Hill, Exorcist, And The Decsent. I'm more into oldie thrillers, but those movies left me shocked...

the original Halloween because it was the music and how the movie was shot and the fact that it could really happen. and it wasn't about the blood like most newer movies are

Candyman. Very Very Scary!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103919/

Super Size me.

After yo see this film you will realize that jason, Freddy and Leatherface are pansies compared to Ronald McDonald