With these credit report scores (Eq N/A, Ex Unrated, TU 708) will I be able to get a private loan for school?

I'm in my 30s and looking to return to school full-time in the Fall of '08.

I received my credit report in the mail the other day:

Equifax N/A

Experian Unrated

TransUnion 708 (Good)

Do you think that with these scores I'll be able to get a private loan (with no co-signer) to cover school and living expenses (the $27,000 allotment at my school)?

I want to return to school full-time vs work full-time and crawl through school part-time.

I'd look into government loans that I wouldn't have to pay back, of course. But for the rest, I'll take a private loan.

With these credit scores and no co-signer, do you think this plan is feasible? Is it if I'm willing to accept a higher interest rate, if I have to?

And evil spammers that keep answering the question ... GO TO HELL!!!

• KnowMe
    Best Answer

I believe that you will be able to qualify with no co-signer. I got approved at u.s. bank online. The only thing is the large amount you need!? I only requested for 10k and got approved. I only have 2 years of history and my credit score is 720, so you should probably qualify for a loan. I didn't try Wells Fargo because I already have it through them and they wouldn't even approve me for a lousy employee credit card! haha.

You should really try if you need it.

Source(s): Good Luck!

It seems as though you should be fine. Keep in mind that with the financial situation in America today, many lenders are getting tougher on student loans.

Having a co-signer could potentially save you 10k on the life of your loan.

As far as your statement: government loans I wouldn't have to pay back.......that animal doesn't exist.

Hi,

I used "Credit Solution" to settle my debt and improve my credit score.They managed to reduce my credit card debt,mortgage and auto loans up to 58%.It's legitimate and free consult.I came across this company on NBC News Special Edition.Check it out here:

http://memurl.com/furetu

708 is very good, you should have no trouble getting financing, and at a decent interest rate.