The Clintons made scores of presidential pardons in their last days in office. What do you thimk of these?

In 2000, Bill Clinton pardoned Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory for charges of bank fraud from a 1982 conviction after Hillary Clinton's brother Tony Rodham had lobbied on their behalf and had received $107,000 from the Gregorys in the form of loans that were never repaid. (http://www.judicialwatch.org/5997.shtml)

Almon Glenn Braswell was pardoned of mail fraud and perjury convictions while a federal investigation was underway regarding additional money laundering and tax evasion. Braswell and Carlos Vignali each paid approximately $200,000 to Hillary Clinton's brother, Hugh Rodham, to represent their respective cases for clemency. Hugh Rodham returned the payments only after they were disclosed to the public. Braswell invoked the Fifth Amendment at a Senate Committee hearing in 2001, when questioned about allegations of his having systematically defrauded senior citizens of millions of dollars.

(http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS...

Update:

Marc Rich was pardoned of tax evasion. Denise Rich, his former wife, had made substantial donations to the Clinton library and to Mrs. Clinton's senate campaign. According to an investigation of Iraqi Oil-for-Food kickback schemes, Marc Rich was a middleman for several suspect Iraqi oil deals involving over 4 million barrels of oil.

(http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/10/2...

Update 2:

SEEMS LIKE THE DEFINITION OF CORRUPTION TO ME, HOW ABOUT YOU?

Update 3:

(sorry about the typo)

Update 4:

raichasays: I did ask a question, why didn't you answer it?

Update 5:

a score is 20 CindyB! They made at least 140 pardons.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You only mentioned the money deals that they made in the last part of office. How about the seven convicted Puerto Rican murderers serving full life with no parole that was given a full pardon solely for the purpose of Hillary garnering the Puerto Rican vote in New York when she was going to run for office there?

Nothing like putting seven convicted scum back on the street to murder again simply so you can gain a few more votes.

The Clintons history is loaded with graft and corruption yet nothing was ever done. I dont get it.

I hope this helps and you can find it useful

• 1 decade ago

Please remember how the Clintons bemoaned their "poverty" ("all those legal fees") when they departed the White House. News reports now reveal they hold over $53 million in accounts in the Cayman Islands.

And note that Obama's lead fundraiser is now on trial for corruption; screwy financing for Obama's purchase of a $1.6 million house is under investigation; and his wife got a 160% raise at her job right after Obama was elected Senator, then he earmarked $1 million of taxpayer funds to his wife's employer (University of Chicago Hospital).

How many quid pro quos does it take for you to become suspicious of the ethical/unethical behavior of certain politicians?

Source(s): ex-Democrat/delegate/party worker
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You know, it was all over the news right after 9/11 that one of the terrorists on the plane had been pardoned by Clinton a few years before. I can't remember what he had been in prison for, but yeah. Didn't Clinton pardon more criminals then any other president?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

you already realize it is incredibly unhappy HOW DEMOCRATS ARE nonetheless BACKING THE CLINTON'S, commonplace THE CLINTON'S bought SE CERTS TO CHINA...and incredibly GAVE usa of america TOO CHINA, WHY DO you think of WE GET each thing MADE IN CHINA NOW? simply by fact the CLINTON'S bought US OUT!! for the duration of the CLINTON administration usa of america AND infantrymen have been ATTACKED a lot of cases' decrease than THE CLINTON administration.....WHY DO you think of (SANDY BERGER) WENT IN AND STOLEN PAPERS that would connect THE CLINTON'S TO 9/11.......THE DEMOCRATS think of of SANDY BERGER AS A HERO, AND HILLARY PLANS ON putting THIS criminal working FOR HER.... i could shop happening WITH extra OF THE DECEIT THAT THE CLINTON'S HAD carried out.....DEMOCRATS ARE INSANE!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I do not like

it, but he can legally do that. As can any President. They have the power. I would expect Bush to do it as every President before has. No matter McCain/Clinton/Obama -- they will do they same.

Nothing illegal or under handed.

• 1 decade ago

Did you know that a "score" is more than 6? In fact, I think it is 12, so "scores" is more than 24 pardons.

He did also pardon Patty Hurst, which is a very good thing.

• 1 decade ago

the clintons have been the worst people i know of to be in politics if i had my way i would deport both of them out of the usa, the way they abused the white house is criminal, hope they both pay for thier deeds

• 1 decade ago

I think that if you don't want to vote for Hillary Clinton, that is your right.

But this forum is for actual questions, not campaigning and ranting.

EDIT - my answer is no. As if you really cared.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes but it's too late to do much about it anymore except make certain that, if Billary is nominated, she doesn't win.

• Eric D
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

all those clintons are shady. i don't trust any of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.