Do you think it should be up to the school or the parents to decide what the kids wear to school?

I live in FL, and a "baggy pants" law is about to be put into effect. I can see not allowing kids to go to school with their butts hanging out, or girls wearing low cut tops so their boobs hang out, but I think a lot of the restrictions in school dress codes are arbitrary. I think it should be the... show more I live in FL, and a "baggy pants" law is about to be put into effect.
I can see not allowing kids to go to school with their butts hanging out, or girls wearing low cut tops so their boobs hang out, but I think a lot of the restrictions in school dress codes are arbitrary.
I think it should be the PARENT'S responsibility to make sure the child is dressed appropriately for school, but I guess that the dress code is made for those parents who can't be bothered to do that.
Update: I have a school-age daughter and she knows that I have to approve what she wears to school.