Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

norton anti-virus corruption?

we recently un-installed norton and then re-installed it again because it wasn't updated. but when it had been installed again loads of little messages came up on the screen sayin "email hasn't been sent" and they overload the whole screen and nothing can be done. we tryed system restore to a later date and it won't work and tryed un-installing it but it won't let us becacause it says the program is in use, when its not even been loaded up. plesae help =]

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Norton anti-virus SUCKS and eats up you RAM. I would uninstall Norton and use a different anti-virus. If you want a good free anti-virus try free AVG of buy another anti-virus like Trend Micro etc.

AVG is at http://www.grisoft.com and is totally free and will not eat your PC like Norton does.

Source(s): Old Hacker PC Builder Electronics Consultant
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?jrPH
  • 1 decade ago

I don't use Norton because it dishes out too much crap.

You will most likely be able to uninstall it in safe mode. The only other advice I can give is get a different scanner.

• Syed
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

First of all you don't need to reinstall antivirus to update it. in order to update you just need to run liveupdate utility in norton. for the current situation, restart your computer in safe mode and try to uninstall first, when its uninstalled, reboot the system in normal mode and install it back again and then run liveupdate. Good Luck !!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Norton just eat your RAM i advice you to use other anti-virus like avast...

gud luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.