Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

Am I an ****** just because I won't let my girlfriend get laser eye surgery, glasses or contacts?

She is as blind as a bat, and I am afraid that she will fly away just as fast as one once she figures out that I look like Quasimodo after a car wreck.

Wow... Yapoo censored "A - Hole"

Jenny forgot to take her pills today, sorry everyone.

• ..
    Best Answer

No, I don't think you're an a hole, I actually think you're doing her a favor. Geesh, what the hell is Jenny's problem?

Had glasses since I was about 12; experimented with contacts at about 18 (hated them); had laser eye surgery back in 2000 - highly recommend it. Just don't skimp on the surgeon.

• ?

Well Blind People have Good Senses in other respects-if she hasn't flown yet I don't think she will even if you do look like Quasimodo after a Car Wreck-it will give her something to laugh about at least. If you can hold your own and I'm pretty certain you can.

• UP

Part of being in a relationship is to promote your partner to be or do or achieve the most they can possibly achieve, and help by giving them the tools to do so. That can be in the form of helping with books, tuition, ride to school, clothes, computers, glasses....

In near sighted people, the power of the lens system in their eyes is way too high. The light rays bend so much that all they can see beyond a certain distance is a blur. My sister didn't know trees had leaves till she was 5 years old!

These people can see up close well, without any effort. But beyond that, not so well. To 'stop' her from being able to see by not 'allowing' her to get the help of glasses or contacts or whatever, is, well.... cruel at the least, and very controlling a bit beyond that. Seems you don't love her for her, but for you and what other people think about that cute lady on your arm.

If you love her, for her, do everything you can to help her be the best her she can be.

She'll fly away if you don't help her, not because of what you 'look' like, but because of what you 'really are inside'.

Love her for her. She won't stay in love with someone who is cruel to her. Eventually she'll run, no matter how handsome you are, or aren't.

No, you're an asterisk because you said you "won't let" your girlfriend get laser eye surgery, glasses or contacts. LET??? REALLY? Are you her father? I seriously HATE that phrase. I hope she does "fly away" and not because of how you look, but because no one has the right to control another human being in that manner.

This question just scares me to begin with. The fact that you would even try to control whether or not your girlfriend can see or not. That is not your decision to make.

I would have left you already in you tried to impair one of my senses in any way regardless of what you looked like. So I am sure you figured out that my answer for you is, Yes you are an "***Hole"!

Quasimodo after a car wreck is probably better than before.

Definately

Hey you dont give yourself much credit on how you look..So what if she has laser eye surgery.. if she loves you at all she wont care what you look like. Ummm they say love is blind after all ..Wish i could have that eye surgery but at least i got my glasses..

Well if she got eye surgery she would only find you more handsome' as i seen your picture 1 time awhile back and you look really hot and are really a handsome man really ' and no he didn't pay me to say this' but stooge when is my new 1967 bike going to get here' that you promised ..lol [kidding ]