Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 1 decade ago

How much money does the Toothfairy leave?

It used to be a dollar when I was a kid, but my friend's daughter is about to lose her first tooth, and we were wondering if inflation made that amount go up.

She doesn't want her daughter to get less then the other kids in her class when they are comparing tooth sums. :)

Favorite Answer

It's not about the amount it's about the fun and magic.

I think $1 is perfectly sufficient. I reccomend leaving a gold dollar because the child will think it is really cool.

Well when the tooth fairy is wide awake and thinking here it is a dollar and the kids are satisfied with it but one night the toothfairy was really really tired and half asleep and in the dark accidentally got a 20 out of his wallet instead of a one and our daughter spent the next week trying to make more teeth fall out. I made sure after that that the toothfairy allowed his elf to get the cash out

Maybe a dollar? Or whatever the toothfairy wants to leave. Once my daughter got a $20, I guess the toothfairy didn't have smaller bills that night! My child would have been devestated if the fairy had to come back the next night.

I never considered what the other kids got from the tooth fairy. It's like Santa Claus. I tell my kids that when a tooth is lost, I call and make a pick up appointment with her, and then she leaves whatever amount she leaves. Although, because a couple of my small children had extensive dental work, when they lost a baby tooth that had a crown they got $2 in stead of $1.

Between 1 and 2 Dollars. (One time our toothfairy didn't have change a left 5.)

When my daughter lost her first tooth, I was planning on giving her a couple dollars. However, throughout the day as family members learned of this milestone, there were 'donations' to the tooth fairy! By the end of the day - the tooth fairy had accumulated $30!!! She got $5, and we went shopping for a special present the next day with the other $25!!

The tooth fairy has also had to make late night trips to the fairy bank due to lack of cash on hand!!

Well when my daughter lost her first tooth we gave her $5.00. And the same with my son.. They were really excited about having that much money.. And now that they are losing there teeth more and more these days we give around $4-5.00. So it depends on what you feel is fair for your child. And if you think they deserve a little bit more for pulling the tooth out... Hope this helped

I remember getting $1...But what I would feel even more rich and more proud of losing a tooth when I would either get a dollar coin or getting every coin that added up to a dollar; like five pennies, four nickles, three dimes, and two quarters. Seriously...it makes a BIG difference from gettin a dollar bill and getting coins...it makes it more "special"

It's not particularly constructive to make the tooth fairy about money.

Try using dollar coins (either Susan B Anthony or Sacagawea) or even 50 cent pieces to make it more interesting.

As a nanny and babysitter, I know plenty of families that still give one dollar or less.

I give two for the first

One after

there are 28 teeth

5 dollar a tooth, you can do something eles with the money