Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you believe inanimate objects have feelings????

I switched up to a large tote for my trash cans this week negating the need for my piddly little trash cans. Whilst dragging my old piddly trash cans to the street where they would meet their makers, they got a little speedy on the ice, knocked me down and smashed up my hands.....

Did i just get "told" by a couple of garbage cans?

stop laughing.....jerx!!!!!!!

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes they do and that is why I treat the razor in with which I shave my ballzac with the utmost respect

• Ronyea
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Lol, I don't know if it's a named condition but I do the same thing as you so I guess we're both nuts!! It could just be that we're picking up the energies of different things. It's like when psychics use personal possessions to read somebody. It's not hard to understand why most of us have a hard time throwing out a favourite thing once it needs replacing. It's to do with the memories & feelings we have associated with it. I find it hard to chuck a used lipstick! I do it but it's so upsetting!! Also maybe being given cuddly toys and comfort blankets as babies has alot to answer for!! Whether an object is personal or as impersonal as the little envelope pals ;-) everything has an electronic vibration and inanimate objects aren't all that inanimate when you think about what they're made up of! xxx EDIT - knowitall is right, I've heard of people like that - it's funny but sad too. I don't go that far myself! =D

• 1 decade ago

That's the thing about inanimate objects: just because they don't appear "animated" does not mean that they don't have "anima".

Everything is alive and just because they aren't like us doesn't mean that they don't have feelings.

So, to reconcile, just tie some nice ribbon to their handles. Trash cans like to dress up at least once in their lives.

Word will get around and you'll be better treated by other "inanimate" objects.

Source(s): The Voice of Experience
  • 1 decade ago

I hate when things have faces, my mum bought these potato things and they were smiley faces. I couldn't bring myself to eat them. Too mean! I'm convinced my toys and dolls have feelings or that they're real somehow. They look at me! I feel bad when they fall off my bed during the night. Oh well. It's an exciting life I lead as I can't eat smiling potatoes and my room is full of livestock!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I thought "tote" was another unnecessary name for a purse. My dog made me fall down and she didn't even care, she just jumped on the couch and took a nap. But at least I scored a bruise out of the deal.

• 1 decade ago

They do have feelings. I think they talk to each other, like the silverware in the drawer at night talk to each other. The trash cans were mad at you for replacting them, so you got told. Happens to me too.

• Yes they do damnit!!!

My stuffed Bunny Blue has feelings ... I don't care what anything else says he misses when I don't snuggle him

And yes you got knocked the **** out .. by your trash cans you should be nicer to them next time

• 1 decade ago

I think you did get told. And rightly so. The least you could have done was give them two weeks notice that they were getting "Canned" and a months severance pay. Next time beware.

• MikeyG
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I act as if they do, which may explain why I'm a pack rat, I feel bad for things I am tossing things out or moving them storage. God, I sound like a complete nutter.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My Garden Gnomes have feelings. They try to drink them away with bottles of Jack Daniels every night.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.