In honor of my wonderful wifes return today, would it be ok to declare todays R&S theme to be...?

"Be good to each other?"

While I have learned much of tolerance and being a good person through this and other mediums in my life no one has taught me this lesson more than my wife... she ALWAYS attempts to view a thing from the others persepctive...

Thus, can we try to simply be good to each other on this awesome friday?

BTW, who or what has been your biggest motivator to be a better person in life?

(((Babah)))

Welcome home... me and the kitties missed ya!

Best Answer

Awwwwwwwwwww!

I have never EVER met a husband so much in love with his wife. You're a true inspiration for me, Jamus!

Sounds like an idea that I taught my youth this week. It came out of Philippians 2:3-11

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,

11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus has been my biggest motivator. If an example like this were followed, I believe the world would indeed be a different place.

I'll try...sometimes the call of the Snark Side is strong, though...perhaps Yoda will help me. ; )

I have been most motivated to be a better person by Jesus, actually, though I am no longer a Christian. The Sermon on the Mount inspires me to be a more loving person, and to pursue social justice for those who are powerless, and to be humble.

As far as a real person, I'd probably have to say my kids...they forced me to consider someone else's wishes above my own, and show me what unconditional love and trust look like.

(((Jamus)))

I hjave been through a lot with others. I have been in alot of situations with people who are unforgiving, cruel and spiteful.

Through the years I learned from these experiences to not let these people destroy who I am. Eventually it became my motivator to be a goog and better person; always forgiving and accepting.

But being human every once and a while I do screw up and succumb to our imperfections, as we all do.

Amen,brother. And it came to pass that peace descended upon the oft contentious R and S congregants. The voice of the turtle ( whatever that is) was heard throughout the land. Not one question was reported or removed, and the lion did lie down with the lamb. The lamb was NOT in the lion's mouth, either.

Source(s): Shalom!
  • ?

My children and family and a wonderful man and pastor who got me out of the clutches of religion at an age of about 23. My current pastor now (like minded as the other) because of his love and devotion to hard study in the bible and always seeming to say the right words to meet my spiritual needs.

Jamus, your wife is blessed to have a husband that adores and worships her. You are blessed to have a woman who completes you and makes you whole.

I have many wonderful people in my life that motivate me to be a better person. I will mention a few. First my husband. He is the most loving, kind, Christian man I have ever known. He lifts my spirit daily through his love and support. My mother. If you look up "love" in the dictionary. You will see her smiling face. Our daughter, Michelle. She posses a kind soul and a gentle spirit. Her laughter could light the world. She always put others before herself. Don't know anyone that does not love and respect her.

(( Jamus))

Thank you! And no, I haven't spoken to anyone yet today, and I probably will not speak with anyone today or tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that, but Monday I might speak to someone. Have you ever gone for four days or more without speaking? I have gone five weeks without speaking to anyone, that is my personal best.

Here here! My mother was my biggest motivator. Being a professional counselor, she tried to teach me and my sister to always try to think about what the other person might feel before doing/saying things.

Aye, aye, Sir!

Biggest motivator of mine, John Lennon....

Give Peace A Chance!

Yes.... We are whom we have to "be with". This mortal life is not infinite! We cannot do everything! You better love her while she is alive and with you! If not, ?

And from your goodness to each other, you learn to be good to others too...it all follows.

Your foundation of caring is the person with whom you spend the most time with, the person you dedicate your life to!

Healing be unto you and yours and me and mine

In Forgive Affirmed Spirit

~skahhh

Source(s): Forgive Affirmed Spirit