What good can come of the redesign of our money?

There's actually a re-education campaign going along with the money redo.

Quote from a news article:

"Free educational materials are available to businesses, financial institutions, trade and professional associations, citizen groups and individuals to prepare cash handlers and consumers to recognize the new design and protect themselves against counterfeits. Since 2003, the U.S. government has distributed about 80 million pieces of public education and training materials about the new $5, $10, $20 and $50 bill redesigns. Materials are available to order or download in multiple languages.

As with the redesigned $10, $20 and $50 bills that preceded it, the new $5 bill features an American symbol of freedom printed in the background. The Great Seal of the United States, featuring an eagle and shield, is printed in purple on the front of the bill."

Update:

The redesign is way too reminiscent of the Euro for me. But then, I think cash is on the way out, and this is just a step in that process.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

More american xenophobia. The money is being redesigned so that counterfitters won't find it so easy to duplicate.

It also is easier for blind and visually impaired persons to identify dollar amounts.

It's about time the US redesigned their currency so that it is easily identifiable and doesn't look the same, despite the denomination.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

here in scotland we have just had new notes issued and they are very similar to euros, design and colour

however, i find the fact that US bills are all the same size a very confusing issue, our notes are all different sizes, only a little but enough to make recognition instant

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A fee good factor is the gain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.