bolle asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why does everyone hate George Bush so much?

I mean..he got voted in TWICE right? meaning you saw how silly he was the first time then put him back in, yet everyone seems to hate him? is it just socially cool to hate him? I mean he is the leader of our country..give the man some respect..

Im not saying im a bush fan cause I would vote dems if I was old enough..but come on you can't expect someone to lead the country well when everyone hates him..give him a chance.

Favorite Answer

You sound more mature than the 'hate mongers' that keep putting down the President, and your right. It has been the campaign of the liberal press every since President Bush won the first election to (as you say) make it 'socially cool' to hate him. The really sad part is, they don't even know why they hate him except for what they have been told to believe.

They choose to disregard the facts of the mess Bill Clinton left for him when he left office; the problems they think he should have solved that none of the other presidents had solved before him. The UBL/terrorist mess that Clinton ignored that was dumped in his lap 8 months after he took office. Myself, I think he has done a good job of taking on a very messy job under very bad circumstances.

What really confuses me, is how people could still look up to the Clinton's. Not just because he is a womanizer. Go on the Internet and look up Scandals involving the Clinton's , Deaths that surround Bill Clinton, investigations involving the Clinton's etc. Bill Clinton committed perjury while he was President, he was impeached, both he and Hillary have taken several million dollars each for books they haven't written, and they stole things out of the White House when they left office and had to return them....and the list goes on. They have no moral fiber. And yet, people put down President Bush? Where is the comparison?

I've heard people say that Clinton's job on earth is to prepare the way for the anti-Christ, and that the anti-Christ is Obama, and they still rag on President Bush. I'm with you----I don't get it!

I don't hate Bush! He has been one of the greatest presidents this country has ever had. He went into Iraq with the approval of the liberals who all agreed with him. He took out a horrible leader. He made a change in generals in Iraq to improve the quality of life there. He did call for regulation on Mortgages a few years ago. We did have the lowest unemployment rate ever until all this mess that the liberals orcestated. Bush will go down in histroy as one of our greatest presidents just as Truman did. Don't forget, Truman left office with a very low approval rating, 18% I think it was. He was also called an idiot by almost everyone. When he got off the plane in his home town, there was no one there to meet him. I know that he would have approved of everything that Bush has done and tried to do and so would John F. Kennedy. The liberals would kick Kennedy out today just as they did with Joe Lieberman. John Kennedy called for lowering taxes too. Obama will be a poll watcher. Most of the people that get on the polls are liberals anyway.

Judging from the wording of your question, I'd say you are probably a teenager. You need to look at it from the perspective of someone much younger than yourself. Imagine if you were one of a large group of little kids on the school playground, and all of you wanted to change the way the school was being run. You wanted to put the children in charge of the cirriculum, have recess whenever the mood struck you, be able to use your parent's drugs at school, etc. Now, imagine that your school principal either ignored you or told you that he had more important things to do than cater to your every little whim about how school life should be. You would probably hate him as much as the liberals hate President Bush. The analogy is plain to see. The analogy also plays well in Barak Obama's latest campaign cute soundbite: "My fellow Americans, we live in the greatest country in the world. I hope you'll join with me in trying to change it."

Correction... Bush was NOT voted into office in 2000! Gore actually had the popular vote. GW`s Brother Jeb Bush Governor of Florida and a Rebub Judge stopped the the vote count as soon as Bush had the higher # of votes,Had the counting been completed Gore would have won FA. By more than 30,000 votes. This was proven when ALL the votes were counted after Jeb ordered the counting to stop! The reason over 70% of Americans disapprove of Bush should be obvious to any one with 1/2 a brain! Bush fabricated and cherry picked intel. to get the war he so desperately wanted in Iraq. He took our troops out of Afghanistan allowing AlQidea to regain pre. 9-11 #s and strength. He ordered the Special Opps to back off just as they were about to bounce on Binladdin so he would,nt lose the Boogy Man he needed to keep Americans in fear of another attack ,"FEAR" was his campaign slogan in 2004. Bush has spent more US treasure then all the presidents before him all combined! He has cut job programs in the US and sent more jobs out of the US in 7 years than have lost in the last 20 years all combined . Bush is a war criminal and a mass murderer, The list goes on and on and we have,nt seen the worst of him yet. He has signed more executive orders then any other president giving himself way more power than the constitution ever intended a president to have. He filled 100s of high level position with his loyal cronies regardless of there qualifications. Billions of tax $s have vanished and he has done NOTHING to find out who took it or where it went! The list is ENDLESS!

Source(s): There have been books written about the coruption of the Bush administration! Check a few of them out, It is Amazing what he has gotten away with!

Bush is a man with guts to stand up to our enemy and believes in protecting America.

He did not lie about saying Saddam had WMD, he believed the reports that were given to him, even the democrats that seen the reports that Bush seen believed it, Tony Blair believed it. Bill Clinton even said when he was in office Saddam had them. Saddam caused the war in Iraq because he threw out the inspectors and thought he could bluff America, by making us think he had WMD's. He was paying families of the suicide bombers every time they killed someone and themselves.

His mistake was listening to Rumsfield (or however you spell his name) he should have sent more troops in the first time.

I don't care for Bush's domestic policies, but he was right on the foreign policies and trying to protect the USA.

The Democrats voted for this war, but now want to put it all on Bush.

The Democrats hate him because he won the Election over them. The Democrats have always been sore losers, just look at them now, they are fighting each other.

Everyone does not hate Bush. Some do, but most don't.

Most don't like his policies and do not feel he has served as a good public servant. There is a big difference between 'hate' and disagreement on the issues.

I agree with the 2nd answer.

He is also the figurehead of the right that the left has targeted to discredit and bring down the conservative part of the political spectrum. It is VERY important to the success of the liberals that the conservative administration be discredited so that they can gain control, and they will stop at absolutely nothing to get there. They have the bulk of the media backing the, too. Now, I am not saying that the Bush administration didn't give them plenty of ammo, but their assault on him has been unceasing, vicious, and a big part of it unwarranted. I'm sure that there are quite a few folks out there that don't really know why they hate him, they just do because everyone else in their group does.

Just look at some of the asinine responses above about him and you will see that they have proven my point themselves. It's one thing to disagree, even vehemently with someone's policy, and another to just insult them.

You have to understand that control of the US government, it's budget, armed forces, and the wealth and prestige that comes from that position are at stake.

Representation of the people is NOT at the top of the list.

The conservatives did the same thing during the Clinton years.

See what I mean. One of them called him a "Warlord and a warlock", proving my point even more.

people don't hate President Busch they for the most part hate most of his policies, he has been given chances for almost 8 years and for me it has never changed, it is his way are the highway, and i just don't think one person has all the answer with the exception of our LORD. Respect i give him as our leader, but for me respect beyond that has to earned from me at least, i just can't blindly give a passing grade nor will i be a follower if i don't agree, god gave us all a mind to use and if we don't use it someone else will and it won't be for the betterment for you, always be a leader, you don't have to be rich are poweful to be a leader of your fate, your inner man will always lead you in thr rt. direction you must listen and obey in order for him to guide you.

• ADad

Definitely think its socially cool to hate him. I think hes funny in a good way.

I know he makes all those dumb mistakes when he speaks but the camera is on him so much hes bound to slip up .

Ive seen interviews and footage of him that show a totally different side although i think he has deteriorated mentally in the last 10 years.

No leader who makes difficult unpopular decisions is particuarly well like whilst in office , history often takes a different view.

In 20 years he may be viewed as a great war time leader, depending on how the war on terror pans out.

Everyone does not hate George Bush Jr.

That is a false statement. It is false, because you only hear the Liberal media, and Liberal Democrats who are against him. The larger audience are Liberals, and the media controls them.

I like George Bush, and many of my friends do, as well.

Please next time when you ask a question, try and not be so biased, and think your mind is made up, for when you read all of the answers you will get, you will see that your statement/question is wrong.

Liberals will flock to your question to say why they hate Mr. Bush, but so will some Conservatives, who will tell you they don't hate Mr. Bush....therefore you will see the bias, if you care to really see.