Difference between stage and film acting?

I am a pretty seasoned stage actor. As a theater major in college with credits in around 35 plays since the end of high school, as well as numerous productions I have directed or written, I am very comfortable on stage. I am also an amateur filmmaker, and I love to write and direct movies of all kinds. However,... show more I am a pretty seasoned stage actor. As a theater major in college with credits in around 35 plays since the end of high school, as well as numerous productions I have directed or written, I am very comfortable on stage.

I am also an amateur filmmaker, and I love to write and direct movies of all kinds. However, when I look at my performances on film as opposed to those on stage, it seems like it ought to require a totally different style of acting.

So my questions are:

What are some of the fundamental differences to keep in mind when acting to a camera instead of an audience?

Do you have any tips or techniques for acting to a camera as opposed to a theater audience?

Thanks!
Update: Just to clear things up: I am not asking any questions about stage acting. I am asking for tips on acting to a camera in films. I am also not asking for people to point out obvious differences like "You can mess up and re do it on camera" or "You can make black and white movies" or... show more Just to clear things up:

I am not asking any questions about stage acting. I am asking for tips on acting to a camera in films.

I am also not asking for people to point out obvious differences like "You can mess up and re do it on camera" or "You can make black and white movies" or something like that. I am asking about ACTING TECHNIQUE.