Why did my x-box live stop working?

ok I had 1 ethernet cable and had it connected to the router and it was working fine. So I went out and bought another ethernet cable so that I could use the internet and x-box live at the same time. I re-hooked everything up and now my internet works but not x-box live. The x-box says something about the IP address. What do I do???

Favorite Answer

Try unplugging and turning off everything. Computer off, xbox off, router unplugged, modem unplugged, and all ethernet cables unplugged.

Leave it for a minute or two to let your hardware forget it's configurations, you might even have to hit the reset button on your router if it stays on even after being unplugged (some do that).

Now...

Plug in the MODEM and wait for it to get re-aquainted with your ISP.

Next plug in the ROUTER and give your modem and router time to get re-aquainted.

Now plug your computer and make sure that works.

Lastly plug your Xbox back in and you might have to clear the internet configuration settings but it should build a brand new bridge with your internet.

Some Notes: It may be to late for this but not all modems and routers will play nice with the Xbox or Xbox 360. Xbox.com has a list of routers that are certified to work great, but that doesnt necissarily mean yours won't, it's just a precaution that it's nice to take.

Also, according to the bonus disc that came with Halo3LE, having your modem too close to flatscreen monitors and cordless phones can interfere with wireless signals, but it sounds like youre going wired so that shouldnt effect you, plus I've got my modem next to my monitor and it doesnt seem to bother it.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS CALL 1-800-4MY-XBOX

[sometimes you get idiots who don't know what they're talking about, but if you call back, you might get a knowledgeable person.]

I think that when you did this the X-box must have locked on to a certain internet connection, for it kinda does this with brand new battery controllers. Your best bet is to ask your friends, or maybe goto a radio shack and ask for someone who know's alot about the X-box. Seriously im finding that it isn't as good as people portray it, i've been having troubles with mine since day one.

Good-luck.

nicely your maximum suitable guess is going to be technique of removing. attempt employing that comparable connecter for a working laptop or laptop or a computing gadget see if it nevertheless supplies the comparable message. Then additionally verify if that connection is today on your cyber web port or no count if it extremely is linked by using a swap. particular switches do bypass out. If all else fails and not something seems to be working attempt stepping into touch which includes your ISP and see in the event that they are able to troubleshoot from their end....... could in basic terms be a undertaking which you would be able to no longer restoration...... desire this enables.

you have to make sure you have an open IP address or it will not work. You have to click on the two blinky computer things to find out if it is open.

Call the xbox live support line.

mate... do this:

1.) throw your console up in the air, as high as you can.

2.)don't catch it.

3.)cry.

4.)Good Job.

Source(s): www.howtosmasha360.com

a virus ,maybe!

i dont know?

cuz u broke it!!!