Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Non-Christians in the White House??

If the majority of America is Christian (is that right?) then do you honestly believe that a non-Christian will be President anytime soon?

P.S. Posted this in Politics, and also R&S...

P.S. I am not American, I don't know your history in detail.

"anytime soon" doesn't mean just this election.. within the next x amount of years...

Best Answer

It doesn't matter if the majority of America is Christian; it's still kinda strange that with America's diversity, there still hasn't been a non-Christian president. I mean, odds are that at least one religious minority should have made it by now. Other countries are able to elect religious minorities without a lot of drama; for example, India had a Muslim president. So why can't America have a non-Christian in power? I think there won't be a non-Christian president for a while because a lot of American voters want to see someone who is like them in office. People are freaking out over Obama supposedly being Muslim (even if he was, it shouldn't matter) and his middle name being Hussein. It will take a while for American voters to stop caring about what religion someone is.

Okay here is a test--I am running for president, I believe that everyone should use drugs and have a good time, party hardy till you drop, enjoy the sex but the more you pay the better it gets, homosexuals can have or adopt children and marry, abort the fetus since it is a glop inside---a parasite,

No I don't think there will be a nonbeliever in the White House it would only make a minority of God haters and denouncers happy while creating hardship for the majority of believers that trust on God.

Source(s): me
  • smt

I don't know. Seeing that most politicians in this country are Christian (there are a few Jewish politicians), I don't think it will happen within the next 15-20 years.

Atheists comprise (by Christian claim) about 10% of the population. What percentage of elected officials is avowed atheist?

If you can't figure that out, it means that as many as 1/10 of elected officials may be atheist but claiming to be Christian so they can get elected.

No. Non-Christians would be committing political genocide by admitting they don't believe in God.

I find it amusing how most people blindly vote for the person with the same religion, and nothing more than just that.

Depends on how many are fundamentalist Christians.

Many of us do know the meaning of the separation of church and state.

However, Christians do still have a better chance in politics...I'll give you that much...

I honestly don't know the beliefs or non beliefs of any one that is running for the big seat. I don't think I've ever heard a candidate talk about their beliefs or non beliefs while campaigning. As long as they can fill the job, doing what they said they would do while campaigning for all people. That's what matters to me not what their beliefs or non beliefs are.

I'm hoping for an openly atheist one soon, one that will totally seperate church and state and govern for the people not on behalf of an immaginary deity that no one will ever see.

I doubt that. We will have a woman, black, hispanic, and every other minority in America in office before a non-believer. And I don't mean Jews, or Mormons. I mean atheists, Buddhists, etc.

I think there already have been "non" Christians in the White House.