dogluver asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Getting hair thinned?

so i have been thinking of gettin gmy hair thinned, and have heard mixed reaction about it. I have really think frizzy hair that is about mid-back length. I have heard that layering it is betther than "thinning" it, but i am not entirely sure that i like the way layered hari appears. ALso i have heard that because my hair is longand thinck t uts down on the firzz. the whole idea of getting it thinned is to get rid of frizz, so what options are there out there? any opinions or techniques? thanks!

I straighten it often, although it is so think it takes over a hour to do, and i have to get up at wiout taking the time to straighten it. I was thinking that thinning it would make it easier to handle?

Best Answer

have you tried a hair straightner first? otherwise I have had both done to my hair, and layering just gives it more volume. I'm sure your best bet is thinning, just make sure you have it done by someone who knows what they're doing. but i would really try a straightner first.

I had the same problem with the frizzy hair. I tried thinning, layers, the only good thing that worked was to get my hair strightened you'll love it and i'v never had a problem since.

I had thick long hair, and i got my hair thinned, layered, and cut. You can really notice the thinning, but you can definatley notice the layers. My hair is still thick, but the thinning and layering helped a lot. : )

I have really thick and wavy hair so I had this done. First of all I didnt like the procedure, Second It didnt really cut done on my problems, thrid it made major flyaways later. Your descion, however I would never do it again!

i think thinning will look nicer on frizzy hair because if you get layers your hair will flick out

thinned hair is great! i got it done, all it does is thin out your hair so its easier to manage and lots realy cut in a pony

yes its layers but it doesnt realy look like it, especaily if you straighten hair. thinned hair is a lot less poofy and frizzy:)

please answer my question?http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200803...

layers all the way. Just use leave in conditioner. My hair is the same way.

i get my hair thinned like once or twice a year. i have really thick hair and it something that i need so it does just like like yuck ya know? i really like thinning and i can still have an hair style i want so it works out really well

yeah get it feathered/razored.. it will make your hair feel lighter and it is super cute b/c it makes your hair have layers =]

Just get it thinned. It will look amazing!