Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I challenge you...?

to go on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page and then click random article

Update:

OH YEAH i got a call and then got distracted...i meant to finish by saying tell me what your atricle was...and the point was for me to waste 5 points by asking a dumb question

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You asked for it,,,,

The helicotrema is the part of the cochlear labyrinth where the scala tympani and the scala vestibuli meet. It is also known as the cochlear apex.

[edit] External links

Helicotrema at eMedicine Dictionary

Histology at Allegheny University of the Health Sciences

Diagram at IUPUI

This anatomy article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

[hide]v • d • eSensory system: Auditory and Vestibular systems

Outer ear pinna (Helix, Antihelix, Tragus, Antitragus, Earlobe) • Ear canal

Middle ear Eardrum (Umbo) • Ossicles (Malleus, Incus & Stapes) • muscles (Stapedius, Tensor tympani) • Eustachian tube (Torus tubarius)

Inner ear/Labyrinth Bony labyrinth (Vestibule) • Membranous labyrinth

Oval window • Helicotrema • Round window

Cochlea: Spiral ganglion • Modiolus • Cochlear duct/scala media (Endolymph, Stria vascularis, Spiral ligament, Organ of Corti) • Scala vestibuli and Scala tympani (Perilymph)

Reissner's/vestibular membrane • Basilar membrane • Tectorial membrane

Organ of Corti: Hair cells • Stereocilia • Sulcus spiralis (externus, internus) • Limbus spiralis

Vestibular system Static/translations: Utricle (Macula) - Saccule (Macula, Endolymphatic sac, Endolymphatic duct) - Kinocilium - Otolith

Kinetic/rotations: Semicircular canals (Superior, Posterior, Horizontal) • Cupula • Ampullae (Crista ampullaris)

Brain (auditory) Cochlear nerve VIII → Cochlear nuclei → Superior olivary nuclei → Lateral lemniscus → Inferior colliculi → Medial geniculate nuclei → Primary auditory cortex

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicotrema%22

Categories: Anatomy stubs

ViewsArticle Discussion Edit this page History Personal toolsLog in / create account Navigation

Main Page

Contents

Featured content

Current events

Random article

Interaction

About Wikipedia

Community portal

Recent changes

Contact Wikipedia

Donate to Wikipedia

Help

Search

Toolbox

What links here

Related changes

Upload file

Special pages

Printable version

Permanent link

Cite this page

Languages

Español

This page was last modified on 2 June 2007, at 21:24. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. (See Copyrights for details.)

Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) tax-deductible nonprofit charity.

Privacy policy About Wikipedia Disclaimers

• 1 decade ago

The Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event was the large-scale mass extinction of animal and plant species in a geologically short period of time, approximately 65.5 million years ago (mya). It is associated with a geological signature, usually a thin band dated to that time and found in various parts of the world, known as the K–T boundary. The event marks the end of the Mesozoic Era, and the beginning of the Cenozoic Era. Non-avian dinosaur fossils are only found below the K–T boundary and became extinct immediately before or during the event. Mosasaurs, plesiosaurs, pterosaurs and many species of plants and invertebrates also became extinct. Mammalian and bird clades passed through the boundary with few extinctions, and radiation from those Maastrichtian clades occurred well past the boundary. Many scientists theorize that the K-T extinctions were caused by one or more catastrophic events such as massive asteroid impacts or increased volcanic activity. Several impact craters and massive volcanic activity in the Deccan traps have been dated to the approximate time of the extinction event. These geological events may have reduced sunlight and hindered photosynthesis, leading to a massive disruption in Earth's ecology. Other researchers believe the extinction was more gradual, resulting from slower changes in sea level or climate.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i got a game

Grandia II (グランディアII, Gurandia Tsū?) is a video game in the Grandia series made by Game Arts. The game was originally released for the Sega Dreamcast in 2000, and later ported to both the Sony PlayStation 2 and the PC in 2002. The game itself is a Japanese style anime-RPG incorporating high-quality (for that time) 3D graphics, voice-overs and music. It was to have been the premier RPG for the Dreamcast; and while most believe this title was subsequently taken by Skies of Arcadia, some still believe that it holds this position. In addition to the story and battle system, the game is also notable for its musical score, written by the acclaimed Noriyuki Iwadare.

• dadala
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Galileo is often referred to as the Father of Modern Astronomy.

Historically, astronomy was more concerned with the classification and description of phenomena in the sky, while astrophysics attempted to explain these phenomena and the differences between them using physical laws. Today, that distinction has mostly disappeared. Professional astronomers are highly educated individuals who typically have a PhD in physics or astronomy and are employed by research institutions or universities. They spend the majority of their time working on research, although they quite often have other duties such as teaching, building instruments, or aiding in the operation of an observatory. The number of professional astronomers in the United States is actually quite small. The American Astronomical Society, which is the major organization of professional astronomers in North America, has approximately 6500 members. This number includes scientists from other fields, such as physics, geology, and engineering, whose research interests are closely related to astronomy. The International Astronomical Union comprises almost 10,000 members from 87 different countries who are involved in astronomical research at the PhD level and beyond.

While the number of professional astronomers world-wide is not much larger than the population of a small town, there is a huge community of amateur astronomers. Most cities have amateur astronomy clubs that meet on a regular basis and often host star parties in their communities. The Astronomical Society of the Pacific is the largest general astronomical society in the world, comprising both professional and amateur astronomers as well as educators from 70 different nations. Like any hobby, most people who think of themselves as amateur astronomers may devote a few hours a month to stargazing and reading the latest developments in research. However, amateurs span the range from so-called "armchair astronomers" to the very ambitious, who own science-grade telescopes and instruments with which they are able to make their own discoveries and assist professional astronomers in research.

Source(s): i didn't read it but i clicked on it
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ooh...New Underwood, South Dakota

Oddly, I have family in South Dakota.

Is this telling me something? Odd coincidence? Or am I just so tired I'm looking for meaning in everything?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of lettuce? Bunnicula knows.

Source(s): Being silly
  • Brian
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Cool idea - I got

Uehrde is a municipality in the district of Wolfenbüttel, in Lower Saxony, Germany

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Larry Heinemi

Thats what came up on the first click...

• 1 decade ago

I got John Desmond Cronin. Is there a point to this?

• kookoo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i got something about an indi band called the spananes

• xoxox
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I got Beaker (drinkware)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.