KMS asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

What can be done if I signed a legal document and my signature was notarized without my consent or knowledge?

A waiver of citation was signed by me with the notation on the citatation "I want to approve paperwork prior to going to court". The spouse had this document notarized by a friend, and turned it into court without my knowledge. Aren't notaries bonded to protect people from fraud such as this happening? Is this a specialized field for an attorney? Any suggestions??? Any information and help would be appreciated.

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

That notary can/should lose their license. They have to keep records of how they identified you and if you didnt sign in front of them, they have committed fraud. I would contact the person who notarized it and whatever dept of government who oversees notarys where you are are register a complaint immediately!

I am a notary. Why'd you sign it if you weren't going to have it notarized? Yes, they should sign it the same time you sign it, but it is going to be very hard to prove it. Your best bet is to go to the county courthouse where they had to apply to become a notary. It should say on the stamp what county & their expiration date, besides their name. I'm not sure what your situation is with this "I want to approve paperwork before going to court". If you hired an attorney that is like saying I want to look over it before you file it.

A document and signature of, must be witnessed by the notary at the time you signed it in order for it to be binding (legal). If it was notarized after your sign it and not in your presence, then, I believe it is not binding/legal. Your attorney should be able to straighten this out and possibly have the notary lose their stamp.

• You might argue in court that you were not signing the "paperwork" but rather the notation you made. But of course these days the underhanded is applauded by the courts; conservatives are in after all and they are all underhanded, to a man. How else could they sanction the murder of honest policemen by contras and Al Qaida operatives running dope?

(Yes, I know you thought we were at war with Al Qaida ~ aren't you the good little follower of the propaganda machine???)

The truth is I was shot in 1981 by US operatives running dope for the Contras (I was a Provisional Deputy 'Game Warden'). The truth is the USA all but admits that Al Qaida was a primary money laundering asset in this operation.

So, your courts are fully corrupt and if your silly enough to worry about piddling things like dishonesty, well your bound to loose.

Source(s): Living it. Was divorced from a woman killed in 1988. The divorce however happened in 1998! Oh yeah, I'm a Liberal (I do not like drug dealers or abusers ~ the new functional definition of Liberal). I was shot 13 times in one day on the job with my badge and .357. But I "must" earn no less than $30,000 per year ~ or else I'm not a good American, and thus can't work at all, or drive a car, or patent a new Cancer Treatment if I could cure Cancer. Could courts get more corrupt? In Maine, they must offer a jury trial for divorces of over $100,000. not counting property lost but merely the decree for child support I was ordered to pay over that! In Maine they cannot assess child support to the mentally ill, given they "lost" the record of my head wounds, liver wounds, loss of both kidneys etc. they concluded my sympims were of insanity. So strike three for court credibility. One: no jury trial. Two: no assessment possible against those "found" mentally ill. Three: "wife" was dead nearly ten years prior to judgement of divorce. Do you have "faith" in partisan court warfare?

contact your state... the friend will lose her notary

report the abuse of authority...also contact the court you might have to file a motion since it's a court document......or just contact an attorney

• wizjp

In some states they are; in many they aren't. It's fraud plain and simple; not specialized atty about it.

oh man,sounds like she screwed you bro im sorry...the only thing i could suggest is screwing her back...claim she forged the signature without your knowledge,and that it is invalid in that you never signed it in the first place...