Is the Champions League draw fixed?

someone told me neither man u, arsenal, or chelsea will get drawn with each other but one of them will get liverpool.

liverpool will most likely get arsenl

Favorite Answer

I certainly hope so ! He He !

Well there's this hot&cold draw balls issue. So fixing a draw might be possible without a permanent mark or color difference on the balls.

If there's a fixed draw. I think only UEFA can be held responsible. Imagine for once, the highly probable all Brit / "Premier League beats Champions League" semi-finals. UEFA would lose tremendous money and credibility in a scenario where Premier League dominating the last two sequence of the Champions League. Spain, Italy, Germany pissed off, lost TV ratings, angry sponsors for not reaching enough global audiences... Platini's nightmare! So if he draw is fixed, it's fixed for the good of the Champions League... The intention behind shouldn't be for one or more team's favor. That might also be the reason it's leaked.

Source(s): Logic :)

There was a 40% chance of an all English tie.

it just so happened that Arsenal and Liverpool got drawn against each other.

Whatever the outcome could have been there would always be something to draw question marks over.

I'm not overly pleased that we get to face a team who'll be mad for revenge after the 7 - 1 humiliation they received last season.

Long time since I did some math but tried to calculate the probability for the fixed draw i.e what are the chances to get a bet on the draw right..please correct me if I'm wrong.

8!/(2!(8-2)!)= 33 calculating 2-way combinations from pool of 8 teams for example rom vs manu, chel vs live etc.

2 teams gone..6 remanins gives

6!/(2!4!)=15 combinations

and follow by 4!/(2!2!)=4 and 2!/2!=1

the probability to guess the right draw of a pool of 8 balls:

1/33*1/15*1/4*1=1/1980=0,0005%

conclusion: Someone made a lot of money on that draw..

Wow, this is more than slightly suspicious. Where did you hear it was gonna be fixed? Not only were you correct but two hours before the draw a poster on the Liverpool Echo forums said he heard rumours it was gonna be a fix and posted the details of the entire 'fixed' draw and was completely 100% correct!!. He also said bookmakers were refusing to take anymore bets on the draw!

@Johan Nearly right. It's

8!/(2!((6)!) * 6!/(2!4!) * 4!/(2!2!) = 2520 Combinations respecting the order. Without order (what's here the case) there are 2520 / (4*3*2*1) = 105 Combinations.

So the chance is (if I'm right) 1/105 < 1%, but that's still a small probability.

The draw was fixed! Some bookmakers refused bets on the draw from 11:00 gmt. Some dodgy stuff in Goa.... See here for proof of this outrageous rigging!

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33...

Liverpool was indeed got Arsenal in the quarter-finals & Manchester United renew their rivalry against AS Roma once again. anyway, the draw is clearly not fixed & there are great matches to look forward to until the final.

it might be

it might not be

but i very much dout that the will let 2 teams from England get to the final because lets face it do you honestly think they would lets say for example let Liverpool and man utd get to the final and travel over to Russia together on the same planes and then be in the same hotel together there would be murder there is no way they will let that happen

Its definately fixed, there has to be one major draw which will pull in a big audience, dont surprised to see either a Arsenal/Man Utd tie or see Barca against and english side.

No, its broken...!

Really...no. I'll prove it. Tomorrow, in the draw is Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Roma, Schalke, Barcelona and Fenerbahce. If my prediction is false, then you have a point. If it is true, thats the proof (just cause my friends dad knows Federico Laurazzi, who is a behind-the-scenes man for the draws every year (the public dont know him, hes just as known as us). I asked my friend to see if he can find out any clues as to whats going to happen. Heres my predictions:

Chelsea will not be drawn with Man Utd, Fenerbahce or Schalke..

Liverpool will not be drawn with Barcelona, Arsenal or Man Utd..

Barcelona will be drawn with Fenerbahce, Chelsea or Man Utd

This will be interesting...lol!