IF U WERE ASKED Y DID U LEAVE YOUR PAST EMPLOYER..?

IF U WERE ASKED Y DID U LEAVE YOUR PAST EMPLOYER, WHAT'S THE BEST ANSWER TO GIVE?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Josh
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

An honest one, just choose your words carefully. I am assuming you are asking this because you are thinking your next employer might ask you. If they do you need to be honest because they may call your past employer to verify things. Just be honest and choose your words carefully that way it will still sound good but if they verify it they will not e in for a surprise.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The truth works. Always put a positive spin on it and NEVER blame the former employer. What you say depends on whether or not you are still working there. If you left and are currently unemployed a the resaon gets a little difficult. "Took some time off to figure out what direction to pursue and that's why I am herer talking to you". If you are still working it is realitively easy, "I am looking for new challenges and additional responisbilities that come with proven preformance".

I hope that this helps.

• 1 decade ago

First, why did you leave? NEVER PUT because of supervisor conflict, or that you had some type of problem with authority! YOU WILL NOT GET HIRED.

Next, if you were fired just tell them. They will call your past employers anyway, so they might find out and if your lying it looks really bad.

If you did something illegal and got fired they will more than likely find out from a background check, unless your still going to court with the issue or if the charges got dropped.

Source(s): personal knowledge
  • 3 years ago

there is not any longer a factor you're able to do. you're able to settle for a minimum of 24 hours off in a row each artwork week or a minimum of 40 8 hours off in a row each 2 weeks. this suggests you're able to be required to artwork 12 rapidly days without a wreck day. there is not any longer something in Federal regulation that places a decrease on what share hours in a row you will be required to artwork. Neither does Federal regulation require any breaks of any type, in spite of the size of shift. All the two Federal or state regulation cares approximately is which you're paid accurately for although hours you artwork.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Generally the truth -- because if your past employer is called for a reference you don't want the stories to not match.

Source(s): 10 years in HR
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hated the manager so much I emailed by resignation on the last day of my 2 week holiday (and making sure I'd just been paid for the entire month!)

• 1 decade ago

because a better opportunity presented itself...if there is a gap in employment say that you were attending school during that period, trust they like that versus unemployed.

• 1 decade ago

There was a change in management.

• 1 decade ago

the truth, unless it was really bad, then i'd make up a way to make it sound better

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It wasn't a good fit or me. and i wanted more of a challenge

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.