Good Bible verse on God looks at our heart ?

Mankind thinks if God does judge us, he only judges on our actions, but His word says he sees our thoughts, our heart.

The best scripture I could think of to convey this is Prov 20:27 The spirit of a man [is] the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.

Can anyone think of a better one ? That would be great if it included judgement. I'm trying to put something together to help me study before witnessing that shows that God's ways are not our ways, and his values are not like ours..

• KL
    Favorite Answer

1 Samuel 16: 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Also, Genesis: 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Proverbs 15: 3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place,

beholding the evil and the good.

1 Kings 8:39 39 then hear in heaven your dwelling place and forgive and act and render to each whose heart you know, according to all his ways (for you, you only, know the hearts of all the children of mankind),

Jeremiah 17: 9 The heart is deceitful above all things,

and desperately sick; who can understand it?

10 “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

• rumsey

God Knows Your Heart

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can anyone think...

Source(s): good bible verse god heart: https://shortly.im/HQ3g1

Kl and jimmeisn... sited everyone that came to my mind at first. Great references.

I could add.

"Beware lest there be a wicked thought in your heart.."

Deuteronomy 15:9

"But I will be merciful only if you stop your evil thoughts and deeds and start treating each other with justice;"

Jeremiah 7:5

"Then I would not be ashamed,

When I look into all Your commandments.

I will praise You with uprightness of heart,

When I learn Your righteous judgments.

I will keep Your statutes;"

Psalm 119:6-8

Joshua 24:15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” 2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.

Jeremiah 31:34 says, “I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”

God told people how to live, by writing on their hearts. They didn't live that way, so God sent Jesus, to try to explain in better detail.

In his letter to the Romans, Paul uses the same terminology when he writes “when Gentiles, who do not possess the law, do instinctively what the law requires, these, though not having the law, are a law to themselves. 15 They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness; and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God, through Jesus Christ, will judge the secret thoughts of all.” (Romans 2:14-16)

According to Paul, some people, with the law written on their hearts, won't need Jesus, but do we really want to take that chance, when Jesus can be there to defend us before God?

Jeremiah 31: 31 The days are surely coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. 32It will not be like the covenant that I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt—a covenant that they broke, though I was their husband,* says the LORD. 33But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34No longer shall they teach one another, or say to each other, ‘Know the LORD’, for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and remember their sin no more.

Romans 2: 12 All who have sinned apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14When Gentiles, who do not possess the law, do instinctively what the law requires, these, though not having the law, are a law to themselves. 15They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness; and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God, through Jesus Christ, will judge the secret thoughts of all. NRSV

Matthew, chapter 5: 27and Mark chapter 7:21