Good Bible verse on God looks at our heart ?

Mankind thinks if God does judge us, he only judges on our actions, but His word says he sees our thoughts, our heart. The best scripture I could think of to convey this is Prov 20:27 The spirit of a man [is] the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the inner depths of his heart. Can anyone think of a better one ?... show more Mankind thinks if God does judge us, he only judges on our actions, but His word says he sees our thoughts, our heart.

The best scripture I could think of to convey this is Prov 20:27 The spirit of a man [is] the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.

Can anyone think of a better one ? That would be great if it included judgement. I'm trying to put something together to help me study before witnessing that shows that God's ways are not our ways, and his values are not like ours..