wooper
Lv 5
wooper asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Bush behind relaxing lender requirements that would have reduced the current mortgage problems?

He had the opportunity to promote stricter policies for lender, but didn't. Is this because:

When it comes to contributions from employees of housing-related corporations, Bush is the hands-down winner. According to information compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, Bush has raised $10.9 million from employees and political action committees of the real estate, home building, and mortgage industries.

When people say Bush is not responsible for the current economic problems....are they not paying attention?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The only lender requirements he relaxed were for FHA loans, so he just added to the mess once it was underway.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Your question is diverse out of your rationalization. each and every project would have diverse outcomes in foreclosure. in simple terms an criminal expert or a call corporation on your state would supply you a definitive answer in this one. be careful! you will get right into a real mess if this foreclosure isn't dealt with top and/or you do no longer recognize precisely what your rights and household projects are earlier you determine whether to purchase the seond lien. In some states, a 2nd lienholder can in simple terms foreclose on a sources by paying off the 1st lien and all tax liens of checklist. Then he strikes into first lien and could sell the valuables often at elementary marketplace fee, and pocket any money over and above the quantity owed in this initially 2nd lien. The 2d lienholder isn't required to describe your criminal place after foreclosure and is not any longer finding out for every person purchase itself. discover a real sources criminal expert interior the yellow pages who advertises loose preliminary consultation. Then pay for a criminal evaluation of the transaction. it's going to be money nicely spent. i'm hoping it is going nicely for you.

• 1 decade ago

Which requirements are you talking about? Most of the relaxation I know of was done during Clinton's administration, not Bush's. In fact, pretty much the whole tone of Clinton's administration was lassez faire when it came to regulation of commerce. The economy was steaming, everyone's 401ks were puffing up nicely, so why bother, right?

• Lurch
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Give me the name of one American citizen that signed a mortgage they couldn't afford because Bush forced them too. Then your argument might have some relevance.

I guess it's Bush's fault my Jeep wouldn't start last week...give it a rest.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

any thing bush is for im against

• 1 decade ago

You have failed to present your "question" correctly (it is BACKWARDS) and doesn't contain a time line, so it is meaningless.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.