Tia
Tia asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What do you think of teens writing teen fiction?

I know being a teenager makes it much easier to write teen fiction, so if I wrote something other than teen fiction would it show publishers that I have more talent?

Or should I just stick to what I know best?

Best Answer

It may be tempting to just stick to what you know best but try to branch out a little. Then give them what you thing is your best. Even if it may be easier to do teen fiction, if you experiment, you may find that you can also write other things as well. I've done this but I stick to fantasy because it is what I am best at.

• T M

Talent is talent, whether it's teen fiction or something else.

You should always stick to what you know best. There is no point in complicating things by venturing into unknown territory.

Despite what the previous poster said, you /should/ reveal your age. Minors cannot enter into a business contract without an adult - so there's no point in hiding your age. There is no age limit /and/ agents and publishers are in it for the money. If your work is good enough then it is good enough. Your age will not matter to them.

• Alice

Rule one: Write. Just write. Write whatever you feel like writing, whether it be teen fiction or anything else. It really doesn't matter what you write, as long as you're writing.

Rule two: NEVER reveal your age to a publisher. If you do, they'll just doubt your ability, since most teen writing sucks. I'm not saying that yours sucks, I'm just saying that it'll be ten times better once your writing has matured.

i think you should write your heart out, that way when you look back, even if you dont finish it, you can say you wrote a novel, and coz you are a teenager you can relate more to your story, and adult writers just look back, and they have different opinions about everything go for gold! for some advice and forums on it, check out http://www.nanowrimo.org it has so much it helped me out heaps, i wrote a novel thanks to those prompts!

Good luck

Have fun

Millie

Thats a great idea, u have more of an imagination then an adulte! go for it and ill buy it, sell it on e-bay! tell me the title and ill buy it :D

I say you should just write what ever you feel like. Don't limit yourself