Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

After watching this youtube clip, do you still think black people aren't voting Obama based on race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYe7MT5BxM

Youtube thumbnail

Look at how the congregation reacts. They're practically falling out of their seats for him.

Nope. Women are not overwhelmingly supporting Hillary like this. No group is overwhelmingly supporting a candidate like the black population is to Obama.

Favorite Answer

sadly the only reason obama is being voted for is for him being black... hes smooth talking but thats all he has he is full of lies and bu**l sh*t.. .. and besides the only people i know that are voting for him are black. and who the f*ck said Jesus was any color?

Source(s): i guess i get a thumbs down bc im right aw too bad.

Interesting video. Interesting because although the message is incendiary, it's based on facts.

Here are a few more facts:

1) White Voters, all across America, have proved that they are not prejudiced against an African American candidate. Obama won states where the Black Voters only represented 1% of the state's population.

2) Anytime a candidate gets 65% of the vote from a single demographic, it's considered a landslide.

3) Senator Obama is enjoying closer to 90% of his democraphic! (Black Voters)

I don't think America has seen a 90% / 10% split in any significant demographic, ever. I bet the talking heads will be exploring the question of reverse racism after the elections.

Edit:

Brook, Jesus would most likely have dark skin since he was from the Middle East, but that doesn't make him African. Does that make him "black," as Obama's minister suggests? I don't think it matters, but for the record, Johnathan and Edgar Winter are the only two truly "white" people I've seen, and they're actually a little pink. In fact we all fall somewhere between black and white, in a variety of shades.

BTW Brooke, wasn't me with the thumbs down...

That is a totally racist sermon. How can people not see through this? Maybe he IS the anti-Christ after all. Obama was never poor. He went to private schools all his life & got into Harvard on affirmative action. He was handed his senate seat the same way. Hillary has always been a hard worker. He's the one who's been warmig a seat on the senate collecting his pay & non-voting "present". Why hasn't CNN shown this to the public. Someone needs to email it to them.

Well, I don't know about the people in the congregation falling out of their seats but I sure almost fell out of mine while watching this! I'm stunned, to say the least. I've read about this man, Obama's spiritual leader and pastor, and his church. I've heard short clips and interviews by him but never an actual sermon like this video. It should be made public by the mainstream media but that almost certainly will not happen.

If Obama and the rest of the congregation believe this pastor's vitriolic sermons/tirades, one can only imagine, as evidenced by the large turnout of black voters, that most of the black community feels the same way.

Sorry, but you just can't say that Obama has not been influenced by this man in any way if he, Obama, CHOSE this person as his spiritual leader.

I hate that race has become an issue in this election but we're all sailing unchartered and untested waters and it seems unavoidable at this point. How we, as a nation, rise above this will be the true test. Unfortunately, it appears that Obama's pastor has decided to fuel the fire and how that is Christian and sound is beyond me.

Well i beleive that some are voting for him based on race

and the same can be said about older women who aer voting for clinton..

However, I find the pastors comments absurd. Perhaps this country's past is filled w/ inequality but Hillary clinton DOES NOT "fit the mold"...she's NOT a MAN..

Now, you and I know that there are ppl who are ignorant w/ ignorant views..this pastor being one of them, but i realize that sometimes the PAST must sometimes be LEFT in the past.

OVer the past couple of months I've seen older people bring there stereotypes into this election. Women who are sore from 1949..and Blacks who are sore for slavery. THese are ALL things that altho we have learned from--should NOT be injected into todays society as if that is how life IS and will ALWAYS be.

I find greatness in the youth for trying there HARDEST to PUSH away from the baggage that the elders have brought into this election. Trying to create there own history..instead of looking at the INDIVIDUAL running for president..

That pastor is appalling and I must say, my pastor can be appalling too..I just IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE..and correct them when they are done.

Opression has occured but the country has been moving farther and farther away from that...and people need to UNDERSTAND that..and stop letting the PAST take DESTINY of the future..

We must learn from our past..but never repeat them and live our lives like it exist to the same extent. And teach our children to grow in that ignorance..

I reject and denounce the comment of that Pastor and I hope that he will learn that preaching "The Blame Game" does not encourage anyone to do better but instead insist that life is what he has professed it to be--and can never be changed.

Life can be changed..its happened already..

Didn't look at the clip, don't need too. Of course people are voting for him because he is Black. But WE can't say that. He doesn't like it when people tell the truth. What kind of a President will he be if he can't or won't admit the truth now? He knows it, but he denies it. Liar... is that what you people want? He knows and who ever it is that is behind him knows that his being Black will get the votes. And his being good looking and dressing well helps too. Many people go for looks over substance.

I don't watch youtube... but if you're referring to Obama's win in Mississippi, why the surprise. No black families had suffered as much as those in Mississipi under the torture and lynching of Mississippi red-necks,

Go watch the films "Mississippi Burning" and "The Untold Story of Emmett", based on true events... if you're too lazy or suffer Dyslecxia, and have short reading/concentration span.

Mississippi has a disgraceful history of racism. it's no wonder the Blacks went out in full force to vote for Obama. They don;t want the same racist history to be repeated under Hillary.

Like the Christian right wing supported Huckabee? And now support McCain? Do you not think that is based on faith?

You might be better served worrying about who you will vote for than why someone else is voting a certain way.

In his second memoir, The Audacity of Hope, 2007, Obama states, “There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

He added: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

Obama said he and other blacks were careful not to second-guess their own racial identity in front of whites.

After graduating from college, Obama eventually went to Chicago to interview for a job as a community organizer. His racial attitudes came into play as he sized up the man who would become his boss.

“There was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”

Obama will turn the US over to the UN and the globalists.

I react that way to him sometimes too, he's an exciting candidate. Sure, some people are probably voting for him just because of race. That's their choice, but to be honest, even if it's "just because he's black" that also implies a great number of other qualities. The thing is, by the same token, you're not voting for Obama based on race. So stop posting these questions.