Please help! How is the for thesis statement???

In today's society, the media’s White standard of beauty negatively affects young African American females causing issues with identity, body image, and self-esteem.

Update:

If you know of any other studies, etc....

I know this issue affect all women but I have to narrow my focus. I'm basing my paper on

1. Kenneth and Mamie Clark “Doll Experiment” Their research later became cornerstone evidence in the landmark Supreme Court Brown v. Board of Education decision of Topeka, Kansas, 2. Kiri Davis “A Girl Like Me”

2. 2005, 18-year-old filmmaker Kiri Davis recreated the Clarks' experiment

The Video is short -LESS THAN 2 MIN - Please watch that's for your input!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDa0gSuA

Youtube thumbnail

Full Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAOZhuRb_

Youtube thumbnail

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You've got the basic point of your paper, but perhaps you could revise it so your diction is a bit stronger?

Maybe you could say: "In today's society, the media's white standard of beauty negatively affects young African American females. The unrealistic beauty standards that the media portrays to the general public causes negative issues with self-identity, body image, and self-esteem."

Good luck on your paper!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's just part of a thesis. You don't answer how. You should have:

In today's society, the media’s white standard of beauty negatively affects young African American females causing issues with identity, body image, and self-esteem by...claim 1, claim2, and claim3.

• 1 decade ago

The media's standard of beauty negatively affects all girls and women. You're turning a universal problem into a race problem. How can you support a thesis that ignores the damage done to all females just so that you can play the race card? Perhaps you could change your thesis to indicate that while the media standard of beauty harms all women, women of color are harmed in ways more subtle than simple body image.

• 1 decade ago

i think its good you have shown the topics for your 4 body paragraphs i the reader understand what your topic is so ye i say yes it good

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That is a premise... what is it you are trying to say? Specify what these issues are....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.