promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
anderson asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

are animals getter more and more inteligent? What do dogs/cats think about when they watch humans?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I hope he drops that food, I hope he drops that food, I hope he drops that food, I hope he drops that food, I hope he drops that food, I hope he drops that food. I think that is what most consumes their thoughts.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It's been postulated that we are - inadvertently - selecting for smarter and smarter pets. However, I'm not aware of any reliable evidence to back up this hypothesis.

Certainly an owned pet has a more enriched environment, on average, than one that lives in the wild; thus they have more opportunity to optimize existing cognitive potential. In other words, a dingo might be as smart as the average German Shepherd - but the Shepherd has a much better education.

Personally, I'm theorizing that within a few thousand years, raccoons living near humans may achieve sentience; then we're all screwed.

• Mel
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I think humans are getting smarter about understanding animals, and being able to communicate to them through things like possitive training. I don't think that animals are getting more intelligent.

I think most animals are trying to figure out what we are to them when they look at us, are we prey, prediter, or an equal to them?

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure if they are getting smarter or we just care so much more than before. Think about it we now have health insurance for our pets....that's kinda sad considering there are humans out there without any.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My dog wonders why my feet smell so good.

• 1 decade ago

animals aren't getting smarter, we are getting dumber.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they see how retarded all humans are

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.