McCain/Romney your thoughts of such a ticket?

Media is proping up this ticket, but I am doubting. I like McCain and governor hailey barbour of MS.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No. I think it's a bad choice for a running mate with John McCain....they will clash! Intelligently speaking, Condoleezza Rice or Norman Schwarzkopf would be a better V.P. anyday! She is already Secretary of State and knows firsthand how to handle thost leaders in the radical countries of the Middle East, and General Schwarzkopf is no stranger to that area either...matter of fact, he is an EXPERT when it comes to the region.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I won't vote for them, but I do think it would make the best ticket to appeal to moderates against Obama or Clinton.

Barbour would definitely win over some of the conservatives who don't like McCain.

• 1 decade ago

My thoughts are it is highly unlikely. Romney was in the lead before Virginia delegate wise. It is surmised actually I think it was more than surmised, that the McCain camp and the Huckabee camp teamed up to push Romney out of the race. Romney stated he would say yes if asked but I don't think McCain is considering this.

• 1 decade ago

Romney on the ticket would get some conservatives. I like Hailey Barbour and Romney.

But there are others they are talking about.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I like it. Romney would be ready to take over if McCain had any health problems and it would be a good career move for Romney in his quest to become Pres.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If romney was on the ticket it would be McCain's downfall because he would isolate the conservative vote by putting a mormon up there.

I don't care the Romney is a mormon it is just there are ALOT of conservatives who disagree with that religion.

• 1 decade ago

Not Romney no one really likes him and McCain is in his 70's and could tip over any time so they will go for someone more popular.

• Edward
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Romney hates McCain because McCain beat him and used dirty tricks against him in Florida...how can you have a VP that hates you?

• 1 decade ago

My, MY... is anyone surprised at this.. you shouldn't be... this was the arrangement when Romney stopped his campaign... it has all been prearranged... do you think he would have quit otherwise.. he had lots of money...Those Republicans.. they think they are so sneaky.. and they are so predictable.

I would suspect a Bush hand in this.. McCains owners.

• 1 decade ago

Should be McCain/Colin Powell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.