Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

If I uninstall and reinstall aim, will I lose my buddy list?

my aim isnt working at all. I have to uninstall then reinstall it to try to make it work and im worried that ill lose my entire buddy list

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No, because your chat list is customized from the aim website and gets saved in their server unless u delete the aim email.

• 1 decade ago

No. If you have two computers, download the software on anouther computer, log in and make sure your stuff is in there. Go to the "Problem Computer" and go to Add/Remove Programs in Windows control panel and find AIM in the list and remove it. Then go to the AIM/AOL website and re-download the AIM software. You'll probably end up with a newer version anyway. If you desire, you can then remove the AIM software from the "Holding" computer. But all your stuff should still be intact and ready for service.

• 1 decade ago

You won't lose it. Just uninstall, reinstall then sign in as normal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, your "buddy's" are saved to an AOL server by your account name, so as long as your just un and reinstalling and not changing your account you will keep your buddy list

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No you contacts are saved on your account which is on the AIM servers once you log in your account will load all your contacts back

Source(s): MSN
  • 1 decade ago

No, because your buddy list is with your SCREEN NAME. Not with the software!

Source(s): I've redownloaded it many times
  • 1 decade ago

nope

• 1 decade ago

nope

• 1 decade ago

it should be unique to you mailbox so you will not loose it.

• 1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.