What colour of tie should I wear with a dark grey suit for my wedding?

For my wedding, I am wearing a dark grey suit and a white shirt but I dont know what colour of tie I should wear.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Suz123
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Tom, please ask your bride. That is the best advice I can give you.

She may want you to match something . . . her flowers, the bridesmaid's dress, something.

Wear the color tie that your bride suggests.

• 1 decade ago

Something with red in it - you could go the whole hog and go for a blood red tie on it's own or maybe something a little more subtle like grey,silver, charcoal but with a red pattern running through it - the red would signify to me Love, Passion, Excitement! It is also breaking away from the Same Old, Same Old black tie - injects a bit of colour into things!

You could also maybe wear a waistcoat with a red inside so the flashes of red compliment the tie! Oh, and a Red Rose/Carnation on your jacket if you are going for that look!

• 1 decade ago

You're wearing an actual suit? That you own? How refreshing! I like you already.

Please don't match the bridesmaid's dresses, unless the bride insists on it. A wedding is not a prom. Wear something that brings out your eyes.

Very best wishes.

Source(s): Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior
  • Leanne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Hey you can wear a silver grey tie with your dark grey shirt. The bright silver will stand out with your dark tome suit and shirt. I hope this helps!!! :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a grey suit.. hmm.. i didnt think men wore grey suits at weddings anymore, i thought black was the colour. oh well, i dont know, probably something to match the bridesmaids dresses.. thats what were doing. goodluck with it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stripes cause otherwise too plain.

With grey blues are your best bet

Any darker blue with another light colour

Ivory & blue, Peach & blue.

Hope this helps

• 1 decade ago

for a spring wedding i would go with something fresh like a Pink and gray stripe tie, or Pink and sea green stripe tie.

Pink is in this year for men.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well find out what color her flowers and bridesmaids dresses are going to be and pick a color that will match those.... or if you just want to go on ur own...then i would wear a silver, or maybe a dark blue

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would say black or silver/light gray would be a nice contrast. If you want something more colorful, I would go with a dark hue.

• 1 decade ago

what color are the bridesmaids wearing? what are the colors of the wedding? i would go with something that matches the bridesmaids.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.