What colour of tie should I wear with a dark grey suit for my wedding?

For my wedding, I am wearing a dark grey suit and a white shirt but I dont know what colour of tie I should wear.

• Suz123
    Best Answer

Tom, please ask your bride. That is the best advice I can give you.

She may want you to match something . . . her flowers, the bridesmaid's dress, something.

Wear the color tie that your bride suggests.

Something with red in it - you could go the whole hog and go for a blood red tie on it's own or maybe something a little more subtle like grey,silver, charcoal but with a red pattern running through it - the red would signify to me Love, Passion, Excitement! It is also breaking away from the Same Old, Same Old black tie - injects a bit of colour into things!

You could also maybe wear a waistcoat with a red inside so the flashes of red compliment the tie! Oh, and a Red Rose/Carnation on your jacket if you are going for that look!

You're wearing an actual suit? That you own? How refreshing! I like you already.

Please don't match the bridesmaid's dresses, unless the bride insists on it. A wedding is not a prom. Wear something that brings out your eyes.

Very best wishes.

Source(s): Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior
  • Leanne

Hey you can wear a silver grey tie with your dark grey shirt. The bright silver will stand out with your dark tome suit and shirt. I hope this helps!!! :)

a grey suit.. hmm.. i didnt think men wore grey suits at weddings anymore, i thought black was the colour. oh well, i dont know, probably something to match the bridesmaids dresses.. thats what were doing. goodluck with it.

Stripes cause otherwise too plain.

With grey blues are your best bet

Any darker blue with another light colour

Ivory & blue, Peach & blue.

Hope this helps

.

for a spring wedding i would go with something fresh like a Pink and gray stripe tie, or Pink and sea green stripe tie.

Pink is in this year for men.

well find out what color her flowers and bridesmaids dresses are going to be and pick a color that will match those.... or if you just want to go on ur own...then i would wear a silver, or maybe a dark blue

I would say black or silver/light gray would be a nice contrast. If you want something more colorful, I would go with a dark hue.

what color are the bridesmaids wearing? what are the colors of the wedding? i would go with something that matches the bridesmaids.