Why are black people more athletic then white people?

I hope no one takes offense to this question as I am not trying to do that... I am a huge football fan...and my husband and I were talking football tonight and I made the comment about how it's rare to see a white running back in the NFL...how most of the basketball players are black...etc. Why is this? Is... show more I hope no one takes offense to this question as I am not trying to do that...

I am a huge football fan...and my husband and I were talking football tonight and I made the comment about how it's rare to see a white running back in the NFL...how most of the basketball players are black...etc. Why is this? Is there a "no duh" reason?

I told him we would ask on here...any feedback?
Update: I can honestly say that I did not think that y'all would take offense! I was wrong...plus I AM closed minded when it comes to SPORTS as I did not think if hockey...I just have football and basketball on my mind. never did I relate the 2 to slavery...it was a honest "I wonder why" question. Hanky... show more I can honestly say that I did not think that y'all would take offense! I was wrong...plus I AM closed minded when it comes to SPORTS as I did not think if hockey...I just have football and basketball on my mind. never did I relate the 2 to slavery...it was a honest "I wonder why" question.

Hanky the Christmas poo....

chill
Update 2: I guess I am just sad that there is so much sensitivity on this subject...I don't think like that from the get-go