promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

In "Becoming Jane" does Jane Austen die?

what happens at the end?

Update:

if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. FYI i do read books, i'm taking about a movie, stupid!

Update 2:

if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. FYI i do read books, i'm talking about a movie, stupid!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, she doesn't. But she does in the PBS movie "Miss Austen Regrets". In Becoming Jane, they just show her as an older women briefly at the end of the movie.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She doesn't marry the love of her life (James McAvoy) but becomes a famous novelist instead. He gets married, becomes Chief Justice of Ireland I seem to remember, and at the end of the movie he presents his teenage daughter to the now rather grey Jane Austen and persuades her to read from her new book, which she doesn't normally do but this time does because it's him. Then we are informed via a title card that she died aged 42, which Jane Austen did indeed do.

It was a bit silly but not a bad movie. I thought Jane Hathaway was surprisingly good and I didn't expect her to be.

• 1 decade ago

no at the end she doesn't die and she doesn't get together with the guy[james mcavoy].at the end she reads her book[pride and prejudice]to people.i strongly recommend seeing it,it was good.watch clips of it on youtube

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.