Who has the more difficult time growing older, men or women?

I have aged enormously this past year, and a lot of it is stress and health; I know I look older than I actually am. This has led me, however, into wondering who has the more difficult time growing older, men or women. See, I know that the general impression is that men have an easier time of it, but I have to... show more I have aged enormously this past year, and a lot of it is stress and health; I know I look older than I actually am. This has led me, however, into wondering who has the more difficult time growing older, men or women.

See, I know that the general impression is that men have an easier time of it, but I have to say, I hate it. I don't like looking older, I don't like being referred to as older(such as when a person expresses surprise that, shock of all shocks, I like the latest single by Muse, and not "classic rock"), I don't like being told that I am "middle aged"(since when is 37 middle aged?), I don't like anything about it.

Anyway, is there a difference in how men and women deal with the issues of getting older, which gender handles aging better, and what are some of the positives about growing older?

Thank you in advance for your answers.