O.K. so I am new to politics, just what do Republican stand for? Is this 8 years of Bush typical conservative?

I sort of like Mr McCain, but I can't see 8 more years of the same as what we have just gone through, even without the war! The reason I am asking is because the Dem's and all that nasty smearing does not help me to like Hillary nor Obama! I feel doubly bad now that Edwards is gone, it looks like he was... show more I sort of like Mr McCain, but I can't see 8 more years of the same as what we have just gone through, even without the war!
The reason I am asking is because the Dem's and all that nasty smearing does not help me to like Hillary nor Obama!
I feel doubly bad now that Edwards is gone, it looks like he was the only one with integrity!
It is almost embarrassing to watch all that fighting and name calling, and it is getting so very boring!.......
And how does one vote independent, where does that vote go?
Appreciate your answer!